Chapter 24: Escape

Taehyung's POV

"What!?" I exclaimed. I couldn't believe what he just told me. I looked away from him and stood up from the couch. "What are you talking about?" I snatched the stack of pictures from his hands and looked at the top stack, which showed Jungkook and his mom.

After a while, my mind started to click. My eyes averted from the picture to my father. He wasn't looking at me but at the windows. I asked in a thick and gravelly tone, "Other than mom, you were seeing another woman?"

He stayed still, not answering my question.

"APPA!!" I bellowed loudly. "How could you do this to mom!? You cheated on her-"

"INSTEAD. . . I was the one who cheated on that woman. . ." he finally said.

I looked at the picture again. I laid my eyes on the woman, and then on Jungkook.

"I loved that woman first, ok?" my father said, getting up from his seat. He then walked up to me, laid his hands on my shoulders, and looked for my eyes. "Seventeen years ago. . . I was just like Aeri. . . arranged for marriage."

I immediately raised my head fixing my eyes on him. "So. . . you're saying you never loved mom?"

He shook his head. "That's not what I'm saying-"

I shook his hands off me, and started backing away. I still didn't look away from him. "You pity Aeri. . . because she was just like you?"

"I never said that-"

"So I'm the evil one now!? I'm just like mom in your eyes!?" I hollered loudly, my eyes opened wide in anger.

"I never said that, Taehyung-ah," he said coming towards me, trying to lay a finger on me but I instantly slapped his hands away.

"What are you going to do now, huh!?" I hissed angrily. I held up the picture in my hands for him to see. "Now that you know you have another son out there, are you gonna go and find him!?"

He shook his head closing his eyes.

"I don't care what you do, but don't ever ask me to accept him as a brother. . ." I said sternly. "He will never be a brother in my eyes. . ."

* * * * *

Aeri's POV

I ran for the stairs but came to a sharp halt when I witnessed like thousands of guards downstairs.

What the heck?

Ok, I was overexaggerating, but there were a lot of guards watching over the house on the first floor.

What is this place? The king's castle?

What am I gonna do now?

I started backing away from the staircase and made my way heading back to Taehyung's room. I closed the door shut behind me and stood there with my back against the door. I had to think of another plan now. My eyes wandered around the room and what caught my attention at once, was the curtained windows on the other side of the room.

I ran over to the other side of the room and pulled open the curtains to the window overlooking the view outside. The beautiful scene of the sunset could be seen from here, the horizon was fading into a pink color.

Ignoring the sunset, I turned my eyes back to the window in front of me and found the handle, clicking it open. I pulled open the windows inward, and started observing the view down below. Apparently, the ground from here was too far down below. If I planned to jump, I would hurt myself. I began to panic.