Chapter 11: Meeting His Mom

Somin's POV

"I'm sorry I wasn't there last night, Aeri-ah," I said to Aeri with a low and unhappy tone as we walked to our lockers from seventh period.

She said with a straight face, not even looking at me, "No. . . it's fine. You probably had something else to do."

I wanted to tell her the truth so bad, but I couldn't. I just said, "Ne, I had something else that I had to do last night."

We made it to our lockers, opened them, and put our books away. I felt a pair of eyes looking at me in the hallway and as I looked up to see who it was, it was Jin. He gave me a smile, in which I wanted to smile back but I couldn't.

I immediately closed my locker and said to Aeri, "I'll be going now, Aeri. See ya tomorrow." I walked the opposite direction of the hallway from where Jin was and kept on walking, hoping that he wouldn't follow me.

However, I felt his presence behind me. There was a soft grip on my arm and I knew who it was, but I didn't dare turn around to look at him. He said with a tone of confusion, "Why did you walk away from me?"

I wanted to hug him and tell him that I didn't mean to walk away, but I said to him using the negative side of me, "Please. . . walk away from me right now. I don't want to see your face anymore." I held in my tears, making my eyes burn. Never will I ever regret what I'm doing right now.

"Why are you saying that-"

"Please, do what I say. Walk away and never talk to me ever again," I said, the tears in my eyes slid down my cheeks. It's a goodbye. He doesn't deserve me.

He listened to what I said as he slowly let go of my hand, and I heard the sound of his footsteps walking away from me.

I lied. . .

I regret letting him go.

* * * * *

Taehyung's POV

Yoongi recorded Aeri's reaction yesterday and I couldn't help but replay the video. Her reaction was the reaction I wanted. With the video as proof, she can't lie to me anymore that she doesn't like me when she does.

I walked up to Aeri at her locker as she was still putting her books away. When she closed her locker, she noticed me standing there and when she did, she tried walking the opposite direction from me, but I grabbed her by the arm.

She looked at my hand that was holding her arm, then at me in the eyes, "What do you want?"

I smirked, then said, "I'm here to return your phone. Don't you want it back?" I held up her phone so she could see.

She took a moment to look at it, then she tried to retrieve it back from my hand but wasn't fast enough as I quickly held the phone away from her reach so she couldn't touch it just yet.

I slowly leaned in close to her, leveling my height to be the same as hers, and said coolly, "I know you still like me, just say it and I'll give it back to you."

She seemed to be thinking for a moment as she looked at me without saying anything. Then, she spoke in a gravelly voice, "If I say it. . . please actually give me back my phone right after. I have somewhere to go, I have no time for you."

I nodded with a smirk on my face. "Just say you like me. . . and you'll get your precious phone back."

She thought for a moment again and nodded. She looked at me in the eyes and said with no emotion, "I. Like. You." In the end, I could tell she pulled a fake smile. More like a forced smile.