Everything Falls Apart Eventually - Regina x Janis

8:00 in the morning. That was the time Regina George had to drive with her mother to pick up Janis Sarkisian and drive to school. You might be thinking that Janis hates Regina's guts, and she does. But right now, they're 12 and their relationship ship is as tight as the cracks in a wood floor. On the way to school, they'd listen to the radio and Janis sang and danced with Regina in the backseat without a care in the world. Regina stared at her with happiness as she danced along with her.

Janis stared at Regina George with envy as she strutted into the cafeteria with her two minions at her sides. She took her time getting to her table, not making eye contact with anyone as she did. There were no words to describe how much Janis hated Regina.

She wished she was telling the truth.

Everyday after school, Regina and Janis would walk to the park together and play on the swings. Regina rambled as they walked about Genevieve being a total drama queen and Janis just listened to her and smiled. Regina would get so irritated by the smallest things in life that Janis thought at some point if someone breathed in Regina's presence she would scream at them. Janis still stuck with Regina through everything, even if she was wrong about something. Janis wanted to say the thing that ruined them was a lie, but how could she if it was true?

Janis's fist clenched as she held her sandwich, making it fall apart. Damien watched, gasping in sadness.
"Janis Sarkisian! You just wasted perfectly good food!" Damien said as if he was her mother. She just say there, the remains of her sandwich in her hand as she stared at nothing. She whispered something under her breath.

"What? Janis, we talked about mumbl—"
"I'm gay!" she yelled at him a bit too loud. A few heads turned towards her but she just flipped them off. Damien looked stunned. She got up with her lunch tray, aggressively walking over to the trash can and dumping her remaining sandwich as she slammed her lunch tray onto the pile of others. People watched, whispering as Janis stormed out of the room, the doors to the cafeteria slamming shut. Regina whispered to Gretchen and Karen as they laughed to themselves.

Regina whispered something in Janis's ear as a girl from their class named Genevieve walked by. Janis laughed her normal dorky laugh but covered her mouth after. She hated her laugh and thought it was embarrassing. Days after days Janis would try and change it but it never worked.
It wasn't because she thought it was ugly to her, it's because she thought it was ugly to Regina and she wanted to please her. Regina's laugh was beautiful and actually turned heads in a good way when she laughed. Janis had to admit she was jealous of it but she would never admit it. She needed to stay confident and look like she didn't care what people thought about her. And that was for Regina.

Janis stormed off into the bathroom. People stepped aside for her as if she was Regina, her black leather heeled boots clacking against the ground. People whispered about her in the hallways. When she stepped into the bathroom, the girls who were previously in there hurriedly got out of her way as she gripped the counter of the bathroom sink. She stared into the mirror, her heavy eyeliner beginning to run as she felt tears form in her eyes. She frowned at herself, walking over to the wall across from the door and sliding down it. Her arms pulled her knees up to her chest as she buried her head in them. She flinched as the door opened.

Janis looked up, Regina towering over her. She had a genuine look of concern as she sat next to Janis, hugging her tightly. Janis struggled with people bullying her because of how skinny she was and how she chose to dress. It was mostly 13-year-old boys who thought they held power over them because of them being hardly a year older. Janis would sometimes talk back to them but it would just result in them getting worse and bullying her more.
Janis sobbed into her knees, her eyes red and puffy when she turned to look at Regina.

"Everyone hates me." she said, quietly.

"I don't hate you!" Regina said, shocked at Janis's words. Janis laughed a little bit. "You're just one person though, Reg."

Regina frowned. Even though it was true of her just being one person, she thought that would help. Regina embraced her again, sighing as she petted Janis's soft hair. Janis stopped crying shortly after. For 30 more minutes they trash talked about the boys who bullied her, making jokes about them just being jealous of her fabulousness. Eventually they went to lunch and had to dodge their Math teacher for skipping 30 minutes of class so they wouldn't get in trouble. How could something so wonderful go so bad so quickly? Oh, right. Rumors.

Janis stood up quickly, her heart dropping when she saw it was Regina.

"Were you crying?" Regina said, crossing her arms over her chest and shifting her weight to one foot. Janis's mouth fell open a bit. She had no idea how to get out of this.

"What if I was?" she said. Regina paused. She hadn't thought about that. Then a smirk spread across her lips, "Why, I'll just let the whole school know Janis Sarkisian does have feelings and will be affected if you bully her too much." The last part came out in a pout, Regina's bottom lip folded over.

Janis froze, then smirked just like Regina, "Well, if you keep your glossed-mouth shut, I won't tell the whole school about you being a dyke."

Regina was taken back by her statement but then laughed.

"No one will believe you. You're a nobody."

Janis perked her lips to one side and then smiled.

"What if I do this?"

Regina was going to say something but was silenced by Janis's lips being smashed against hers. Her eyes widened, but she didn't pull away. Janis gripped her hair, pulling her closer and deepening the kiss.

It's for revenge, Janis thought to herself.

"What are you?!" Regina yelled at Janis. Janis looked around at all the people. How could Regina do this to her? After all they've done together?

"I... am a space alien, and I have four butts!" Janis shot back. She immediately gasped at herself. That was most definitely not the best thing to say. Regina started laughing and so did the people surrounding her. Janis watched as they walked off. A tear spilled out of her eye as she ran off back into the school, hiding in the bathroom and crying.
By the end of the day, when Janis went to her locker and froze. Something was written all over it. She walked closer and let her jaw drop as she pulled off a picture of an alien and read what was written on the locker.

'Space dyke'.

Regina pulled away, scoffing at her. She looked down at Janis's hand and saw that she was holding her phone, recording a video. Her thumb tapped the red button, stopping the video.

"Blackmail for days." Janis said, walking towards the exit.

"Wait!" Regina yelled. Janis turned back around, amused.

"You want another one?" Janis teased. She cocked her head to one side.

"No. If you post that, you'll ruin yourself." Regina said. Janis just laughed her childhood laugh she used to hate.

"You already ruined me. I'll forever be 'Space dyke'." Janis reminded her. Regina's jaw fell open.

"You're Satan." Regina said.

"Correction, his best friend." Janis said. She started to walk out but turned back around, "Oh, one more thing."

Regina sighed, waiting for her to speak.

"I know you liked it."