Glamorous - Regina x Janis

After college, Janis pursued her major, Art. As a side job, though, she was a nail artist.

She worked at a place called Enchantress Nails and was paid 10 dollars per hour and worked 3 days a week from 8 AM to 4 PM, so income was not bad.

There was some people who would come every Friday, which the owner of the salon called 'Rich Regulars' considering manicures were 30 dollars.

Some people came once and never came back.

That was really menacing, sorry.

Some people came once every couple of weeks or once every month.

Most people came in wearing casual clothing, such as a t-shirt and jeans, but one day a blonde woman walked into the store on Wednesday, wearing a light pink tank top, a hot pink fluffy short sweater, leggings and Suede stilettos.

She was quite a sight.

"Hi, a manicure, please?" she said to the lady at the front desk. The woman smiled brightly, showing off her white teeth.

"Right this way." she said. "Janis? Once you're done with that customer, you'll have a new one."

Janis? As in Janis Sarkisian? As in former High school-Art Freak-Space Dyke Janis?

"Alright." she responded without looking up.

No, it was probably just a coincidence. She didn't see her face yet so it could totally be a different person.

Regina took one brief glance at her hair.

Nope, that was Janis Sarkisian.

Regina felt like Janis couldn't finish slower, and she wanted her to so maybe she could get another person to do her nails. She didn't wanna leave this nail salon, because first of all, that's rude, and second, they did really good nails here from her one experience two Thursdays ago.

Eventually Janis was done and the other woman went to the nail dryer area, taking a seat and putting her hands under the counter.

Apparently Regina had been standing there for a while, considering the owner was trying to get her attention.

"Miss? You can pick your color now." she said guiding her to the nail rack. She picked out two colors, a white and bubblegum pink, wanting to get a design.

Regina cautiously walked back to the table where Janis was cleaning up. She awkwardly stood by the chair, watching Janis put another towel into the heater.

Eventually Janis turned around, smiling, "Hi, how can I help..." her voice trailed off.

"Regina?"

She nodded.

"Oh, um, hi, take a seat." she said, motioning with her hand. Regina pulled the chair out, taking a seat.

"So, what have you been up to?" Janis asked as she poured a little nail polish remover onto a cotton ball.

"Oh, nothing much. I'm working as a photographer, actually quite close to here." she answered while Janis wiped her fingers.

"Interesting, so, still rich? Still glamorous?" Regina laughed, "Yeah, you could say that."

Janis smiled at her, Regina smiling back. "So, I thought you were an artist? Why are you here?"

"Oh, this is a side job. I work as an artist on Tuesdays, Thursdays and the weekend." Janis said, Regina nodding.

Janis put some of the lotion on her hand, rubbing it into Regina's left one, doing the same on the right.

Regina watched as she did this, not realizing how relaxing it was. Eventually Janis stopped and grabbed the cuticle spade(?) and pushed her cuticles back, flipping it around and cutting of dead skin. She grabbed the nail file, filing Regina's nail to an almond shape and buffing them. She turned around, opening the heater and grabbing the hot towel, putting it on Regina's wrists. She grabbed the base coat, putting a layer on each of her fingers.