Some Wounds Just Don't Heal - Cady x Janis

TW for mentioned rape and violence

School for Janis was a never-ending cycle.

Bullying.

Class.

Bullying.

Class.

Bullying mixed with lunch.

Bullying.

Class.

Over.

Just much longer.

So Shane Oman being a maximum jackass to her wasn't new.

"Hey Janis, where'd you get your jacket, Goodwill?" Shane says while Janis puts in her locker combination.

Janis says nothing. She's used to it so it doesn't mean anything to her, not to mention his insult was awful.

"You should listen when someone's talking to you." he says, approaching her as she grabs her books from her locker. She ignores him, but she'd be lying if she felt chilled when his hand brushed her arm.

She slams her locker and turns around, flinching a bit when she sees him hardly two inches away from her face.

And then she realizes no ones around.

Her heart drops.

She slowly backs up as he takes a step closer to her.

"G- get away from me." she says, her voice barely audible. She tried to step to her side but he sticks his arm out and blocks her.

"And why should I do that?"

"H- help!" she screams, but he clasps a hand over her mouth.

After all the violent threats, she never thought he would punch her.

After all of the rape threats, she never thought he would actually do it.

Class had started and she was alone.

No one was coming to help her.

• • •

Cady runs up to Janis at the end of the day, who's standing by her locker, grabbing her notebook.

She wraps her arms around her and nuzzles her face into her neck, which makes Janis react in a way she did not think Janis would.

"Get the fuck off me!" she yells, turning around and turning heads. Her mouth opens partially when she sees it was Cady that she pushed away and on to the floor.

Cady is visibly alarmed and a bit worried.

"Caddie, oh god, I didn't hurt you did I? Oh god, oh god, oh god." Janis says in a hurry as she cups a hand over her mouth.

Cady stands up, walking over to her, "Jay, it's okay. I'm okay, see? Not a scratch or bruise, I'm okay—" then Cady notices the black and blue mark on Janis's cheek and her face darkens.

"Who the fuck did this to you?" Cady growls.

Janis's face drains of color as she frantically tries to cover her cheek, "N- nobody, I'm fine. Nothing happened, I- I'm fine, totally fine." Janis rambles, slamming her locker closed and rushing away, leaving Cady standing alone with a small audience watching what just happened.

Cady finds Janis sitting outside on a bench, desperately trying to wipe something off her thighs.

Cady slowly approaches and stops when she sees what it is.