Janis, It's A Musical - Cady x Janis

Prompt by Jeffersonsmacaroni7 : Janis and Cady are watching Rent and during I'll cover you reprise Janis starts crying

• • •

In the long run, Janis has cried over a musical every single time she's watched them.

Except when she's with Cady.

So when she lets out a muffled sob Cady is more than surprised.

"JayJay, you okay, darling?" Cady says.

"I'm fine." Janis says immediately, a salty tear rolling down her cheek.

"Janis, you're crying, over a musical," Cady says, a hint of humor in her voice.

"It's really fucking sad, okay!" Janis yells, but her voice cracks on 'sad'.

"Janis Heidi Sarkisian, it is a fictional musical," Cady says, "These characters aren't real and it's just acting."

"They're real in my heart!" Janis yells again, "And it's partially based off of something!"

"Really? What is it then?"

"I don't fucking remember! My brain is filled to the brim with art and you!"

Cady pauses the video, pulling Janis's head into her lap, gently stroking her cheek, "I appreciate that, darling." Cady says, smiling while leaning down to press a kiss go Janis's forehead.

"Thanks, Cads." Janis says, now smiling a little bit too.

"You're welcome, babe. Now, are you gonna be sad forever or are we gonna have a steamy make-out session right here or on the kitchen counter?" Cady teases.

"Can it be both?"

"Oh, what am I gonna do with you, my indecisive art freak?"

One thing led to another and now Cady and Janis are both lying in Janis's bed.

Let's just say their activities didn't involve clothes.

"Wait, what?" Cady says in disbelief.

Janis nods.

"All of them? All of the musicals you've watched? How did I not notice?"

"I don't cry when you're here, and if I do, I disguise it." Janis says.

"Hmm, like a sneaky ninja?" Cady teases, playing with a strand of Janis's hair.

"Exactly." Janis says, smiling.

"Perfect, I've always wanted to date a ninja." Cady says.

"You're not serious, right?" Janis asks, blinking.

"I dunno, am I?" Cady says, giggling as she makes a bolt to the bathroom.

"Caddie! Come back here!" Janis shouts.

There's an audibly loud laugh from inside the bathroom.

"I want my pink shirt back!"

"Your what?" Cady yells from inside the bathroom, the door slamming open, "This is yours?"

"I have my secrets too, ninja hoe."

• • •

skskskskk this is really short but it's more of a filler and I have more coming hopefully within this week

Stay awesome,

- Bidi