Janis Can't Bake - Janis x Damian (platonic)

Okay, let's get one thing straight.

Let me rephrase that.

Let's get one thing gay.

Janis sucks at baking, but somehow Damian has mastered the art, so, of course, Janis wants to bake something for Cady for their anniversary.

How the fuck do you bake?

• • •

Janis picks up her phone, dialing Damian's number and putting the phone next to her ear.

Ring.

Ring.

"Hello?"

"How dare you answer after two rings?" Janis speaks in her dramatic, Shakespearean voice.

"Hi, my melodramatic gay." Damian speaks from the other line.

"Damian, how does one make cookies?"

"Be right over."

Damian is at Janis's house in less than ten minutes, ringing the doorbell. Janis rushes over and opens the door, blinking.

Damian is wearing an apron and chef's hat.

"Why?" Janis asks, "Just why?"

"You requested a cook, I am cook." Damian replies, walking past her and into the kitchen.

"I requested a baker." she says, laughing and rolling her eye as she closes the door and follow him.

Damian is already digging through cabinets, searching for flour, sugar and a bowl.

"Other cabinet." Janis says, leaning against the doorframe.

"This one?"

"No, to your right."

"Other right, Damian."

"Fucking damnit, move." Janis says, walking past him and crouching down, pointing with her entire arm to the cabinet that was a few away from the one he was looking in.

He stands up with dramatically good posture and opens the cabinet, pulling out the flour, "I knew that." he says, putting the flour bag on their island counter. Janis laughs again, patting his back, "Of course you did."

Digging through the cabinets again, Janis opens one and finds a glass bowl at a higher-up cabinet.

"Damian, help. I'm too short." she says, reaching up lazily. Damian looks at her, blinking.

"Are you sure?" Damian asks her. Janis nods slowly, "Alright, hon. I believe you because you'd never lie to me."

Janis smiles as he walks over to her and puts his hands on her waist.

"Ready?" Janis nods, laughing as he lifts her up and she grabs the bowl.

"What would I ever do without you?" Janis says, leaning on his chest and looking up at him.

Damian sighs, resting his chin on her head, wrapping his arms around her, "Probably mope around all day."