Flash of White - Regina x Reader

A crowd of students flooded out of the school, eager to see the argument happening between Cady and Regina. You were at the front. You could only hear Regina's muffled yells because of the distance but she was pissed.
Your face was filled with worry, both for Regina and Cady. Regina yelled out in exasperation as she slowly started walking towards Cady.

All you could was a flash of white when Regina was hit.

Your vision came back into view. The flashback was over. Here you were, standing outside Regina George's hospital room, holding a bouquet of pink flowers and a brown teddy bear. You thought about getting a 'Get Well Soon!' balloon but thought that was pushing it.
Hesitantly, you pushed open the door to Regina's hospital room, peeking in to make sure Regina wasn't sleeping. She was wide awake, conveniently. You took in a sharp breath, slowly walking towards her with a smile on your face.

"Hi, Regina." you said, pulling up a chair and sitting by her bed.

"Oh, you." she said. You weren't exactly in the 'Popular' crowd. You were friends with Janis so that ruined any chances of being a Plastic. You didn't care though. You couldn't ask for a better friend.
Sighing quietly you set the bouquet on the table beside her, putting the teddy bear on her bed.
"I was gonna get you one of those balloons but I thought that would be pushing it." you said, laughing a little bit. Regina laughed a little bit, hardly able to because of the spinal halo.

"Why are you here?" Regina asked, not being able to look at you from her head not being able to turn.

Because I love you. "I just wanted to check in to see how you were feeling." Technically you weren't lying. You still weren't being honest though.

"Like hell." Regina replied. She looked so vulnerable, just lying on the hospital bed. If someone wanted to, they could just hurt her and get away with it. She couldn't move at all, besides her hands.

"I'm sorry to hear that." you reply, frowning a bit. You bite your lip, sighing.

"You know, if you ditched the ripped jeans and flannel skirts, you could be pretty cute." Regina said.

"What?"

"I'm not repeating myself." she said in a more-than-usual-bitchy tone.

"Wait, does that mean you... you like me?" you asked, confused.

"Ever since I met you. I could never, ever say anything about it, though. It would ruin me. You're not exactly there, there. Y'know?" she said. She was trying to make an attempt to not be a bitch, you knew that, but it wasn't working. You flinched, feeling a hand grab yours. You looked down, seeing Regina's hand holding yours. Her eyes flicked over to you as she smiled brightly, the first genuine one you've seen in a long time.

"Come closer." she demanded. You obeyed as you tilted your head to the left.

"You really wanna kiss me?" you ask.

"No, go get me Aaron." she said, sarcastically.

"No, I mean— you could kiss any person at our school. Why me?" you ask, leaning closer.

"Why not?" she says, pulling your head towards her lips as they press together. Sparks didn't actually fly but it felt like they did when the connection happened. Your eyes were widened but they eventually closed as you deepen the kiss. You pull away, a small smile on your face. Both of your faces held joy and love in them but Regina's expression changed immediately.

"If you tell anyone about this, I will end you." Regina threatened. You laughed a little bit.

"Love you, too."