Sick Janis Appreciates Honey (and bubble baths) - Janis x Cady

In honor of me being sick (but not really anymore)

• • •

Janis probably should've listened to Cady when she was dared to inhale year-old dust.

Then again, it's Janis. What do you expect?

Incase you're wondering, Cady doesn't know she's sick yet, but she probably has a hunch.

• • •

Janis wakes up with a feeling of nausea. She gags once before she throws the blanket off her and bolts to the bathroom. She hunches over the toilet and pukes, her shoulders heaving as she starts to sweat. Her head lolls lazily to the side and rests on the toilet as she sniffs. Her nose gets clogged with snot as she tries to sniff again. She lets out a moan of pain as her head starts pounding.

"Mooooom..." she calls lazily. No answer.

"Moooooom." Again, no answer.

"Mooom!"

"Yes, sweetheart?"

"I'm—" Janis gets cut off by a painful feeling in her throat so she speaks as best as she can.

"I hick..." is what comes out instead of 'I'm sick'. Luckily, she hears someone coming up the stairs and in her direction.

Her mother cautiously opens the door and she bends down and brushes a bang out of Janis's face, "Aw, Jay. Do you want some honey?"

Janis's face lights up at that and she nods as best as she can without her head starting to pound.

"Okay, I'm gonna get you honey and aspirin, okay? I'll be right back."

Five minutes feels like five years to Janis, but soon enough, her mother is back and handing her the container of aspirin and the bear-bottle of honey. Janis always has permission to drink straight from the bottle, they just always have to get a new one.

"Do you want me to call Cady, honey?" her mother asks.

Janis nods a bit too hard, retching into the toilet.

• • •

Cady leaves school for a 'family emergency', which is what she calls it every time Janis needs her.

She's used it six times in the last six months.

Luckily, Janis's house isn't far from school. It's a max ten minute walk and it's awful sometimes if Cady is wearing heels or she somehow hurt her leg, but she does it anyway.

For Janis.

Eventually, she's at the Sarkisian household, ringing the doorbell. Ms. Sarkisian answers the door quickly, a smile on her face, "Cady! Thank you for coming over, Janis was desperate."

Cady smiles, stepping inside.

"She's upstairs." Ms. Sarkisian calls as Cady puts her bag down on their living room couch then heads for the stairs, running up them and heading into Janis's room. She creaks open the door, enough to see Janis's frail figure curled up on the bed, and enough for it to make her face fall.

She slowly walks in, quietly tiptoeing over to the Janis's bed.

"Jan?"

Janis turns over and almost knocks Cady over when she sees her by jumping up on to her and latching on.

"Caddie..." she moans, her head in the crook of Cady's neck.

"I'm gonna go start you a bubble bath." Cady says, laying her down on the bed and kissing her forehead.

"Okay."

Soon enough, the porcelain tub is filled with water and there's a tower of bubbles on top.

Janis is more than happy when Cady shows her.

Cady helps her undress and get into the tub, putting her thick locks of hair into a messy bun on top of her head.

The bubbles are high enough for Janis to be completely submerged besides her head. Her back and head are aching and she's just uncomfortable, so her third-favorite thing in the world is not helping her sickness.

"Oh, Jay," Cady says, pulling a bang out of Janis's face, "I'll be right back."

Janis sits in the tub, waiting for Cady to come back, her back and head getting more and more sore as the seconds went on.

"Caddie..." Janis calls out.

"Just a second!" And Cady didn't lie. She came back, completely undressed as she walked back into the bathroom, her hair pulled back into a messy bun as well.

Even though she's seen Cady's body countless times, Janis's jaw always drops when she sees it, as if it's the first time she's seen it.

Cady walks over to the tub, getting in behind Janis and sitting down, pressing a kiss to her neck.

Her hands move up to her shoulders and she slowly starts massaging them whilst helping Janis readjust and get into a more comfy position.

Eventually, when Cady is done massaging Janis's shoulders, she lets her lay against her stomach, her legs at the end of the tub, Janis's legs on top of them.

"Caddie..." Janis moans out for the third time today.

"Yes, darling?" Cady replies, swiping a bang out of her face.

"Pain." And that's all Janis says.

"I know, darling. I know." Cady coos, planting a kiss on her sweat-coated forehead.

"I want it to stop. Will you make it stop, Caddie? Please make it stop." Janis whines.

"I wish I could make it stop, darling, I really do, but I can't and it's killing me that I can't do anything." Cady sighs, resting her chin on Janis's head.

Janis lets out another whine, nuzzling into Cady's neck and pulling her legs up and going into a ball, smiling to herself as she feels Cady's arms wrap around her.

Janis can't remember what sick Janis did when she didn't have Cady.

All she knows is that it must have sucked.

• • •

it's really gay and fluffy you're welcome