It's Not A Crime To Love Someone - Janis x Cady

Breaking News:

Melrose Elementary School has recently been robbed by new-found criminal, Janis Heidi Sarkisian. There is no explanation as to why she robbed the school or why she pulled down the fire alarms, leaving only the teachers in the building. Witnesses say she was trying to get only the students out of the building and the student witnesses are thanking her, saying--

Cady shut off the TV, slamming the remote on the small, glass coffee table.

"Dammit!" she yells, running her hands through her hair as she stood up, pacing the room.

"Cads, what's wrong?" her colleague and roommate, Regina, said, walking into their small living room.

"Janis is what's wrong!" she shouts again, grabbing her uniform and running into the bathroom. She was out and back in the living room in about five minutes, stomping over to the door.

"Shit..." Regina mumbles, "Her again?" Cady nodded, putting on her hat and grabbing her keys and tool belt, which consisted of a gun, a taser, her ID, a flashlight and handcuffs. This was Regina's only day off so she didn't wanna deal with this right now.

"I'll be at the police station. This bitch needs to be put on a leash." Cady saids, mumbling the last part as she said good-bye and was out the door, and out of the apartment building in a minute, max.

This was gonna be a long day.

• • •

At the police station, people were in and out for three hours. Cady had a team of five working on Janis's heat signal. Three hours of no success and three hours of frustration. Cady was almost about to give up, until...

"Officer Heron, we've got her heat signal!" one of her co-workers called. Cady was up and out of her chair in seconds, running over to their desk. Two other members of her team were already at the computer, looking at the red dot blink and move.

"Melrose Elementary School-- Fuck, again?!" she exclaimed. "Get Officer Wedell and Officer Smith, have Officer Weiners and Officer Kimble ready for backup if necessary. This is her third strike, and she's out."

• • •

Melrose Elementary School would usually be thirty minutes away, if they were driving the speed limit, but they were driving fifty miles an hour on a normal road, so they made it fifteen. Three other cop cars were already on the scene and a group of five cops were evacuating the students, ushering them to the sidewalk.

She ran up to one of the teachers, asking questions along the lines of 'is anyone hurt', 'what did she do', and 'do you know why she did this'.

"Search the building," she ordered, "This chick isn't escaping again."

Ten minutes and there was no progress and they had lost her heat signal so they were screwed.

"How does this keep happening?!" she complains to Regina. She had called her over to the scene since she was one of her most trusted friends and an excellent cop.

"She's like a human embodiment of a Hit and Run. She's in and out at a drop of a hat." Cady sighs, looking around.

"Officer Heron!" another cop calls to her, "We found her."

In an alley between the school building and an apartment building, was Janis Sarkisian, stuffing money into a duffle bag.

"Janis." she turns around, her face draining of color for hardly a second before she smirked.