It's A Piece Of Spaghetti, Janis

"Almost ready, babe?" Cady calls upstairs, slipping the gold chain necklace Janis had gotten her for her birthday around her neck.

"Just a second!" Janis yells back, running around upstairs between the bathroom and bedroom.

Cady watches as she walks downstairs grabbing her hand and hooking their arms together.

"It's been so long since we've been on a fancy date," Cady beamed.

"Then why do you think we're going on one, my dear?" Janis asked.

"Because you want food?"

"Only half that reason."

They arrived at the restaurant and were immediately guided to their seats. Their menus were placed in front of them and they started themselves off with glasses of white wine.

"Janis, what are you get-"

"Pasta." Janis interrupted.

Cady giggled, "Okay, what type-."

"Spaghetti." Janis blurts out immediately.

Cady can hardly contain her laughter as Janis looks at her, completely straight-faced as she lowers her voice, "did I fucking stutter?"

And with that, Cady lets out a snorting laugh.

About an hour into their night, Cady got her Cesar salad and Janis got her spaghetti.

Janis is shoveling bites into her mouth while chatting with Cady when she starts coughing.

"Babes? You alright?" Cady asks.

"Yeah, just-" Janis gets cut off by another cough.

"Jan?" Cady asks again. Janis has now gone into a coughing fit, attracting the attention of other people in the restaurant. Cady rushes to her side, "Jan, baby, are you choking?" she asks in a hurry. Janis nods furiously as Cady lifts her out of her seat.

"I need a doctor!" Cady screams, "she's choking!"

Somebody almost immediately stands up out of their seat and rushes over, but Janis lets out one final cough and coughs up the piece of spaghetti.

She immediately fishes into her wallet, puts down a $50 and grabs Cady's hand, pulling her out of the restaurant.

Cady's shocked as Janis gets into the passengers seat and Cady hops into the drivers, immediately driving home.

Janis doesn't say a word the whole ride, her arms crossed over her chest, her lips out in a pouting way.

Cady pulls into the driveway and Janis immediately goes inside. Cady follows close behind her.

Janis is laying on the couch, a pillow hugged to her chest. Her face is completely blank as she finally speaks.

"I could've died," Janis mumbles.

Cady sits beside her, her face a bit worried but she's also a bit amused.

"That was the most traumatic experience of my life." And with that, Cady snorts. Janis turns to her, confused and shocked, "what? What's so funny?"

Cady is now snort-laughing, struggling to breathe from laughing so hard.

"Janis-" hic "it was a piece of spaghetti."

"It was scary!" Janis yells.

"It was a piece of spaghetti, Janis. Do you know how many times I've swallowed half a piece of spaghetti and then just pulled it back out?" Cady snorts.

Janis accepts defeat, huffing as she sinks into the couch. "I guess you're right." she mumbles.

"I'm always right," Cady smirks.

Thump.

"Ow! Why is that pillow hard?!"

"...I put golf balls in it."

"Why?!"

"...self defense."

Cady blinks. "You're gonna get it."