Straight-up Lie - Janis x Straight!Damian

Okay, so maybe lying about your sexuality isn't the best idea, but Damian couldn't have the ladies swarming him and getting him to date them. I mean, who wouldn't wanna date him?

He was fabulous after all.

That was gay, sorry.

Most people would say Janis and Damian are platonic soulmates, but Damian always wants to scream "you thought wrong" to all the people who say that. Janis was a lesbian so he had no chance. He also thought she was way out of his league. She was beautiful, confident and not to mention really talented. Also, she didn't take shit from anyone.

What was he supposed to do? He couldn't ask her out. Many things could go wrong by doing that. The main thing is that he's her middle school best friend and if she said no, anytime they spoke after that it would be awkward.

He's almost mustered up enough courage by nearly slipping a note into her locker, telling her how he feels, but he tore it up and flushed it in the schools bathroom.

He was in quite the dilemma. He couldn't exactly go to anyone for advice either since people would think he was lying if he said he was straight.

All of his ideas were one big whoop.

If he comes back dead or crying, you know why.

• • •

"Janis?" Damian said to her at lunch. She was keeping a watchful eye on Cady who was sitting with the Plastics.

Or it was a loving eye. Fuck.

"Hm?" she answered simply.

"What if you thought you knew someone like your painting canvas but you were wrong about something? And that something includes you?" he said.

Janis blinked, "What are you getting at here, Damian?" she asked.

"Can you just answer the question?" he said a bit too loud. Janis furrowed her eyebrows.

"Uh, I dunno. It depends what it is." she said.

"Um, what if it was about their sexuality?"  Janis's eyes flickered around the table, trying to figure out what this was about.

Damian waited, seeing if she could figure it out since he did not wanna explain this.

Damian waited for the worst as her eyes widened and a small smile spread on your face.

"Are you lying about being gay?" she said a bit too loud.

A couple people turned over to look at what was going on as Damian shushed her quickly.

"Yes."

"Okay, great. Because I might be lying about mine, too."

• • •

The next few weeks were not what you'd call normal. Damian was even more awkward around Janis now that she told him she was bisexual.

If you were wondering, no, he had not told Janis he liked her yet.

Janis was starting to realize he was acting weird and tried asking him what was going on but he simply brushed it off.

Long story short, it wasn't going well.

One day, Janis dragged him into the girls' bathroom at lunch, — one of the smaller ones with three stalls — needing answers one why he was acting awkward whenever she talked about other people, or whenever she laughed or smiled, he would blush.

"Damian, what's going on with you?" she asked, her arms crossed over her chest.

"What do you mean?" he answered, playing dumb.

"You know exactly what I mean." Damian blinked. He wasn't getting out of this.

Finally, he sighed, "Okay, fine. But you might hate me." He took another deep breath, planning to say this in only one.

"I like you a lot and I thought I was never gonna tell you but here I am because you're really smart and observant and just really not-ignorant so you noticed something was off about me and you're just everything someone could want because you're talented and confident and pretty and just perfect and I'm gonna keep rambling on until you interrupt me because I don't want you to say anything to me because I'm scared on what it's gonna be—"

He was cut off by Janis pulling him towards her by putting her hand on the back of his neck and pressing her lips to his.

Shocked, he slowly started to kiss back, pulling her closer by her waist so he could deepen it.

They both pulled away and Janis smiled.

"Great, that got you to shut up. Now that I know, I'm gonna be doing it a lot more now. And also maybe not to just get you to shut up."

He didn't argue.

• • •

bLEASE DONT KILL ME

aLSO iM BACK