Painted Red - Janis x Cady

Janis groaned, holding her head in her hands. She was at lunch with Cady and Damien. Everything was settled between everyone but they still didn't sit together. They did talk, yes, but only Cady would invite anyone over to the table.

"What's wrong, Janis?" Cady asked.

"I literally have one week to paint a portrait of somebody and no one is volunteering!" Janis said, pushing her lunch tray away towards Damien.

"I need to go pour paint on a canvas." Janis said, standing up.

"Wait, Janis! Paint me!" Cady said, realizing how desperate she sounds.

"Oh, that'd be great! Come on, Janis. You only have a week left." Damien said.

"But you move around so much!" Janis complained.

"I won't, I promise! Please, Janis?" Cady said.

"Ugh, fine. Come on, let's go. My art class is next so I'm doing art so I can just skip." Janis said as if she didn't do anything wrong. Cady cheered to herself quietly, running after Janis.

Janis set up the paints and canvas in the art studio, grabbing her paint brushes and a bucket of water. Her heavy jacket was hung up on a coat rack and she was wearing a messy leather apron. She pulled up a stool for Cady.

"Sit here, and don't. Move." Janis said sternly.

"Don't move, got it." Cady said, sitting on the stool and crossing her legs. Janis started the outline of Cady, completely silent as she held the paint palette in her left hand and painted with her right. Cady was dying to see it even if she just started. It was silent and Cady hated silence unless she was stressed which she wasn't, so she tried to start small talk.

"How long ago did you start painting, Janis?" Cady asked. Janis thought for a moment, still painting.

"When I was 13 or something." Janis said, keeping her eyes on the painting.

"How'd you get so good at it?" Cady questioned.

"Practice." Janis responded simply. Cady was taking a shot in the dark with this question but she was dying to know the truth.

"Janis, are you... actually a lesbian?" Cady asked. Janis froze. She started frowning but then smiled. It wasn't a pleasant one. She laughed a little bit before speaking, "Why would you think that, Cady?"

Cady mentally cursed at herself. She fucked up. "Oh, just because Regina started that rumor all those years ago and you never clarifi—"

"Rumor! She started a rumor!" Janis yelled at her. Cady flinched. She hadn't ever really heard Janis freak out before at anyone.

"I mean— why is this bothering you now?!" Janis yelled.

"I just thought—."

"Just thought what? Janis Sarkisian is a big, flaming dyke?!"

When all this was going on, Cady didn't realize she was getting red paint splattered all over her clothes, face and hair from Janis's hand motions and her moving the paintbrush everywhere. Janis took a breath. She needed to calm down but she didn't want to. Yelling at people was satisfying to her.

"Janis, I'm sorry... I didn't realize that was a sensitive topic to you." Cady said sincerely. She knew Janis was still mad at her. She was still holding the paintbrush in her hand. A couple drops of red paint fell to the floor as she slowly walked towards her.

"Janis? What are you doing?" Cady asked.

"Nothing, what are you doing?" Janis said.

"Janis, I swear to god if you paint me red, I will make you buy me new clothes." Cady threatened. It was an awful threat, she knew that, but it was something, right?

Janis laughed a little bit, "That seems fair." Cady gasped as Janis dragged the paintbrush down her face and towards her shirt. Cady tried to push her away but kept missing. It soon turned into a war with Janis hardly being messy and Cady looking like a crime scene. Janis eventually grabbed the red paint bottle and squeezed it onto Cady's hair. She scooped some of it up and rubbed it onto Cady's sleeves. Cady's mouth fell open as she shook her arms, trying to get the paint off.

"Fuck you, Janis!" Cady yelled at her.

"Maybe later."

"What?"

"What?" Janis said, smirking. Cady's jaw fell open wider.

"Oh, just shut up and kiss me." Janis complained, cupping her cheeks and pressing her lips against Cady's. Cady was shocked, her eyes widening slowly, but she slowly started to enjoy it. Janis lifted her off of the stool, pressing her against a wall and deepening the kiss. She brushed her tongue against her bottom lip, asking to enter. Cady opened her mouth, moaning quietly. Janis had red hand marks on the back of her neck from Cady pulling her closer. They pulled away for breath and then continued.

The door to the studio opened, revealing Damien. Janis pulled away at the sound of the door opening, her jaw dropping at the same time as Cady's did. Janis's lips and part of her cheeks were red from the paint and Cady had two hand prints from Janis on her cheeks. And also all the paint all over her body.

"Uh, hi D— Damien." Cady said nervously.

"So, uh. To answer your question, I am a lesbian." Janis said, dipping her head a little bit and standing on her tiptoes and then going back to flatfooted. Cady laughed a little bit, trying to end the silence.

"Damien? You okay?" Janis asked.

"Damien say something. Say anything."

Damien took a breath before smirking a little bit and speaking.

"Kinky."