'Traumatic' Doesn't Begin To Cover It - Cady x Janis

before we start angst/fluff, thank you to Jeffersonsmacaroni7 for letting me use her idea!

• • •

Long story short, Janis hated rollercoasters.

Everything about them, waiting in line, hearing the screams, how it looked, hearing the screams, going up and then falling down abruptly, hearing the screams.

Janis had once went on a rollercoaster as a child, thinking it would be fun, but the ride malfunctioned and the rollercoaster had stopped directly at the top when they were still leaning forward, about to charge downward, and Janis has never went on a rollercoaster since.

Until today.

Cady had dragged her to Six Flags one day for Janis's birthday as a surprise. She didn't tell her where they were going until they reached the parking lot.

Janis was a little scared, of course, entering the parking lot, but she didn't think they'd be going on a rollercoaster called Viper.

Cady led Janis to the ticket booth and they both got entry passes. Cady grabbed Janis's hand and dragged her to the entrance, pulling her inside the stuffy amusement park.

There was a strong stench of hotdogs, popcorn and cotton candy and most people were holding some sort of soft drink.

Even though it seemed like there was no one talking or talking loudly, Janis could hardly hear Cady when she spoke.

Long story short, it was awful.

Cady's face practically became a lightbulb when she saw the ride.

The huge, loopy, up-down, horrifying, ride.

She wanted to tell Cady that she couldn't do it because of what happened when she was a child but Cady looked so happy and excited that she couldn't.

She literally could not, as in Janis was so horrified she could not speak, but she walked forward in line anyway, to keep her sweet, kind, caring, understanding, would-not-go-on-the-ride-if-Janis-said-she-couldn't, girlfriend happy.

Janis's heart rate slowly went up as they were only a few seconds away from going onto the ride.

Long story short, Janis wanted to die.

Cady was shifting her weight from the balls of her feet to her heels excited, her fists held by her chest as she smiled widely.

Why did she have to be so fucking cute all the time?

One spot closer, Janis tried to steady her uneven breathing which Cady didn't notice.

Janis watched as the coaster car came to a stop and her breath hitched as Cady pulled her forward.

The supervisor for the ride explained safety rules and helped everyone into their seats.

Janis would be lying if she said she felt the supervisor touch her arm as he helped her into the seat. She couldn't feel anything, her body had went numb.