01

JIMIN.

''Good morning, Yoongi.'' Jimin greeted in a sweet voice and smiled brightly. He watched as the raven-haired boy sat down in his desk, which happened to be on Jimin's right, and waited for a reply.

''Morning, Jimin.'' Yoongi murmured back with a quick smile.

And so, cue the end of the conversation.

Jimin tried to think of something to say, but nothing interesting came to mind. To him, managing the courage to even greet the boy after almost two months of just silently sitting next to him, staring at him and wishing he'd speak up first was enough for one day.

He couldn't help but feel a sense of pride when Yoongi remembered his name.

The said boy spent most his time staring at nothing, probably thinking about somebody else. He was almost shocked Yoongi even knew about his existence. Could it be that the other thought of him ever so often? Perhaps maybe even sneaked a peak at him in class?

No, no. Jimin was just fantasizing.

Somebody or something else had the privilege of taking up all of Yoongi's attention, and Jimin envied them every minute he spent looking at the boy on his right.

He wasn't exactly sure when this crush of his started. He figured it was around the first day of his third year of high school, when he found out the pair would be sitting next to each other. It was the type of crush where you just instantly fell for the person the first time you saw them and from then on, everything they did just made you like them even more.

Yoongi was not a very good student. He would scribble in his notebook, nap, listen to music during class, or just stare into nothing and sigh sadly. Lately, Jimin has been noticing that something was making him sad. If it wouldn't sound like he was stalking him, which Jimin had no problem admitting to himself that he was, he would most likely just come up and ask him what was bothering him.

But he didn't.

He was too shy and far too much of a stranger to Yoongi to ask such questions.

''Hey.'' A raspy voice snapped Jimin out of his thoughts. He flinched in shock causing the owner of the voice to flinch as well then chuckle at their behavior. ''Sorry, I just wanted to ask if I could borrow a pencil.'' His lips curled up into a small smile causing a shiver down Jimin's spine.

''O-oh... Ye-yeah, of course...'' Jimin managed to stutter out as he started rummaging through his pencil case, in search of a pencil he could give to Yoongi. ''Here you go.'' The boy extended his shaky hand to give the other the pencil.

''Thanks.'' Yoongi thanked then focused his attention to the blank paper he was about to scribble on.

''No... No problem.'' Jimin replied as he watched the other stare down at his paper, he started scribbling a few lines here and there, colored a few dots. He didn't seem like the drawing type, and perhaps he wasn't, perhaps he was just bored and felt like he wanted to doddle something.

Yet Jimin still found it to be the most fascinating thing on planet earth. From the boy's softly pouted lips, to the lazy strokes of his hands, why did everything that boy did amaze Jimin. This was in no way healthy behavior, yet Jimin didn't seem to stop.

''Good morning class.'' But before Jimin could even get a clear view of what the other was drawing, the teacher walked into the class making him fold the paper and place it into his backpack. He didn't return the pencil to Jimin, but the boy didn't mind. At least that now, Jimin had a reason to speak to him again.

The teacher checked attendance then turned her back to the class to write down the day's lesson. Yoongi's eyes lost focus and he seemed to have drifted off into his own universe, just like Jimin had done by staring at him.

Sometimes he wondered if Yoongi noticed how obviously he stared at him, but then he quickly realized Yoongi's attention was elsewhere and there was not even the slightest chance that he was running through the other's mind.