06

YOONGI.

''I'm not saying he is being extremely ungrateful, ignorant, selfish and a shitty friend by ditching us when we clearly made plans to meet for milkshakes at five sharp... But that's exactly what I'm saying.'' Yuqi spoke before taking a sip of her drink through the pink straw she forced Yoongi to steal from the counter for her.

A week had passed and Taehyung was being as absent as ever. At lunch, he wouldn't even spare the pair a glance, let alone speak to them. It was breaking Yoongi's heart to see him be so uninterested in what they had to say, even after they had such a nice time together last week, yet he still chose to defend him against Yuqi.

''Aren't you being a bit over-dramatic.''

''Aren't you being a bit biased.'' But Yuqi didn't want to listen to his excuses.

''So he's thirty minutes late and most likely not coming. He said it himself he's not a hundred percent sure if he can make it.''

''Then he could at least text us and let us know so that we wouldn't have waited for him outside for twenty minutes. He's on that phone all the damn time how hard is it to write a text to your best friends and let them know you can't come.''

''Maybe he turned off his phone for once.''

''Do you never get tired of defending his ass?''

''Sorry... It's automatic at this point.'' A sad sigh escaped Yoongi's lips as he realized just how sad that sentence was. Yuqi realized it as well and sent him a sad smile before gently squeezing his shoulder in attempt to comfort him. ''How pathetic do I sound when I do this?''

''You don't sound pathetic... Just really in love.''

''Crap.'' Yoongi murmured as he buried his face into his palms. ''Why do I do this to myself?''

''Because you're sweet, and kind, and loving, and-''

''Very stupid to fall for someone who most obviously only sees me as a friend and is oblivious to the fact that I like him.''

''Don't say that...'' Yuqi frowned at her best friend. She hated seeing Yoongi like this; he would always doubt himself or put himself down for something that wasn't even his fault. It's not like he chose to fall for Taehyung, it just happened and there was nothing he could do.

''It's true though...''

''You know how Tae is when it comes to relationships... Maybe he likes you back, but he's just scared of having his heart broken again.''

''I'm not Jungkook, I wouldn't do that to him.''

''I know that.'' Yuqi nodded her head softly. ''Maybe try and show Tae that as well.''

''I've been trying for a year now.''

''Hope is the last to die.''

''Don't get all poetic on me Yu, please, you know I can't take you seriously when you try to be Yoda.''

''Okay, first off, Yoda doesn't speak like that, and second, I'm serious. Don't give up on him, Tae went through a lot at a very young age, of course he's gonna be scared to get back out there.''

''You don't know that, maybe he's perfectly fine but just doesn't like me and is actually friend-zoning me and I'm the oblivious one.''

''Yoongi, I've spoken to him about dating before. Trust me when I tell you that boy is scared to get back out there.''

''Thanks for the pep talk Yu, but it's fine.'' Yoongi said although it wasn't.

The pair didn't speak of the subject any further.

By the time they left the small café where the three friends were supposed to hang out today the sun was already setting.

''Want me to walk you home?'' Yoongi offered, not wanting his friend to walk back home in the dark.

''Sure.'' The girl agreed. She hooked her arm around Yoongi's like couples did and pulled him closer to warm her body up. ''I gotta say, it's nice having gay friends. I can do all the cute couple stuff with you but I don't have to be in an actual relationship.''

''Yes, but by doing that you make me look straight therefore lowering my chances of guys liking me.''

''Bullshit, I've seen plenty of guys drool over you before.'' Yuqi scoffed at the older.

''Oh yeah, like who?''

''Okay, there's this one guy who stares at you the entire lunch break, every single day.''

''What?''

''I'm not kidding.''

''Yeah, right.''

''I'm serious.''

''Then who is he?''

''I keep forgetting his name.''

''Or you're just making him up to make me feel better, and also slightly creeped out.''

''I swear to God, every time I look at him he's staring at you. It's actually pretty cute, and so is he.'' Yuqi wiggled her eyebrows at Yoongi, but he still didn't look convinced.

''I still don't believe you.''

''Okay fine, I'll show you tomorrow.''

''I'll believe it when I see it. Or should I say if I even see it.''