03

JIMIN.

Jimin made his way through the cafeteria, in search of a certain somebody who owed him a pencil. His eyes scanned the room to find him but he wasn't successful. He wasn't in the line for food, nor was he sitting down at any table, perhaps he was waiting for his friends so they could get lunch together.

And yes, Jimin knew Yoongi tended to do that often. How? Well... Have you not been paying attention?

With a small pout, he made his way to an empty table and sat down. He took out the lunchbox his mother had prepared for him that morning then started eating.

Jimin didn't really have friends. Not because he was outcasted or bullied or anything like that, he just simply preferred to be alone. He didn't like drama, he didn't like fake people and he definitely didn't like to listen to a boring conversation he wasn't even interested in during lunch. He figured out, after two long years of high school, that he was better off alone.

So he sat at an empty table, enjoying his lunch while he looked through his phone, did his homework or sometimes even read a book. Lately, he found himself staring into nothing, barely touching his lunch.

His mother was starting to get worried because he barely ate, while his father teased him about being lovesick. Jimin wouldn't call it a sickness though. He was just simply so distracted by staring at Yoongi that he forgot to eat his lunch sometimes.

But since today the said boy wasn't in the cafeteria yet Jimin had no problem shoving the food into his mouth and quickly packing the lunchbox away when he was finished. He pondered staying and waiting for Yoongi to arrive, after all the boy still hadn't returned him his pencil; he took out his earphones and put on some music to silence the loud chatter going on around him.

His eyes scanned the room again, this time to analyze his surroundings. There were a pair of boys sitting at the table in front of him; one was happily munching on his food while the other had his eyes glued to his phone. He didn't blink for a whole minute, Jimin counted, as he moved his fingers around the screen.

Whoever that boy was texting must've been very special to him. It was so interesting watching him, his wide eyes, his tongue that was sticking out of his mouth and the expression he wore on his face. How precious.

Jimin averted his gaze from the boy and decided to look elsewhere; finally, his eyes caught a familiar head of shinny jet-black hair and a face profile he had memorized to the smallest detail make its way through the cafeteria.

Yoongi seemed to be in a better mood then he was earlier, he and his two friends were making their way to an empty table, Yoongi was looking down at a girl smiling at something she said, while the boy trailed behind them, his eyes glued to his phone.

He reminded Jimin of the boy that didn't blink. How ironic would it be if the pair were actually texting each other and maybe they didn't know; maybe they have met online and didn't know they went to the same high school. Oh what a wonderful love story that would be.

Anyway, back to reality.

Jimin stood up from his table and took in a deep breath to calm his nerves down. His eyes were glued to the table where the trio now sat and he was trying to gain the courage to go over there and talk to him.

What was the worst that could happen? Yoogni had already greeted him this morning, he knew his name, there wasn't much that could go wrong if he just went over there and asked for his pencil. Or could there?

Jimin shook his head, shaking away the bad thoughts and doubts then forced his legs to move. He walked slowly, but not too slow, so that people wouldn't stare, just the right pace that wouldn't make him look like he had to go to the bathroom badly.

He was a few meters away from the table, telling himself his last few words of encouragement. He looked at Yoongi's face again. That sweet delicate face of his. His slightly parted lips, his round nose, those eyes, which were so lovingly staring at the boy next to him.

Wait.

Jimin snapped out of his daydream and looked into the direction Yoongi was looking at again. He was staring at his friend whose eyes were still glued to that phone of his.

Jimin felt a sting in his chest as he turned around and started rushing away before anybody could catch him glaring at the boy.

He finally found the person he envied so much.