02

YOONGI.

''He's doing it again.'' Yuqi murmured into the older's ear as she glared at a raven who was too busy staring down at his phone to realize the pair was talking about him.

''What?'' Yoongi snapped out of his thoughts and looked down at the girl.

''I said, Tae is on his phone again, pretending we don't exist.'' Yuqi spoke with an eye roll.

''Let him be, he probably just found a new game he likes. He'll grow bored of it in two weeks max.'' Yoongi instantly defended the oblivious boy. The act was automatic to him. No matter the situation, he always found a way to defend Taehyung. In his opinion, there was nothing the boy could do that wasn't justifiable. Even breaking his heart by not realizing how much Yoongi loved him.

''But it's annoying. Look at this.'' Yuqi continued. ''Hey Tae...'' She called out for the boy who was slowly trailing behind the pair as they made their way through the cafeteria. Taehyung didn't even hear his name being called, he continued staring down into his phone typing away at something or someone. ''Tae.'' Yuqi called, but again, no response. ''Taehyung!''

''Hm?'' The said boy finally looked up from his phone and looked at the girl that called for him.

''Are you coming over to Yoongi's after school or not?''

''I... Actually can't tonight, sorry... I don't have time.'' Taehyung apologized, then went right back to staring down at his phone.

It had been a bit over a week since this behavior of his started.

Yoongi didn't pay much mind to it, Taehyung was an easily distracted person, he told himself. But Yuqi thought otherwise.

She found his behavior to be suspicious. The boy was hiding something, or maybe even someone, and wasn't telling his friends what was going on.

''Are you going to glare at him all day long or are you gonna sit down?'' Yoongi joked, noticing the girl's unhappy expression.

''I'll do both.'' She murmured back then sat down at the lunch table.

''So... How's class?'' Yoongi asked, his eyes focused on Yuqi as he spoke, knowing Taehyung wouldn't answer him anyway.

''He kept texting someone and almost got caught so I had to help him hide his phone from the teacher.''

''Wait, he uses his phone in class as well?''

''Yeah, why do you think I'm so annoyed right now.'' Yuqi spoke back, this was most definitely not her best day. Usually the girl would be smiley and cheery even when Taehyung ignored them by staring down at his phone all day.

''Yeah... Why is it that you're so annoyed right now? Is everything okay?''

''If you are trying to subtly ask if I'm on my period but don't want to piss me off by assuming girls are only ever in a bad mood when they have their periods let me stop you right there and assure you that I am not on my period.''

''You just said period three times in one sentence.''

Yuqi remained silent for a moment then finally let out the chuckle she was holding in. She shoved the older lightly then looked back down at her food and continued eating.

''But I'm serious Yu, everything okay?''

''Yeah, just in a bad mood. And he's not really helping either.'' Yuqi explained as she glanced over at Taehyung to see him giggle at something he read. ''Do you think he's...'' She didn't finish her sentence, not wanting to ruin Yoongi's mood.

''Do I think he's what?'' Yoongi questioned.

''It's nothing.''

''No, tell me.''

''Do you think he's... Talking to someone?'' Yuqi whispered the last thing. It wasn't like Taehyung could hear them, the boy was in his own universe doing whatever it was on his phone.

''You mean talking as in... What exactly?'' Yoongi questioned, he knew what the girl meant but he wanted to hear her say it.

''You know... Talking, flirting... Getting to know someone... Maybe falling for them...''

''That thought has accrued to me before, yes. Why you ask?''

''You won't do anything about it?''

Of course, Yuqi was pitying him.

Yoongi wasn't the best at hiding his feelings. In fact, the crush he has had on Taehyung since the day the pair became friends was rather obvious. To everybody except Taehyung of course.

Yoongi was well aware that it was a 'somebody', that has been taking up all of Taehyung's attention and not a something. Yet his heart still refused to believe it, not wanting to get hurt, he kept telling himself that maybe if he waited just a bit longer, Taehyung would fall in love with him.

''No Yu, I won't.'' Yoongi answered as he looked over at the boy the pair were talking about.