05

JIMIN.

''Jimin!'' A voice called out for the said boy.

''What?'' He replied and waited for the voice to speak again, only there was no reply. ''What?!'' He called out again but received no answer causing him to get up from his bed and walk down the stairs into the living room, where he figured the voice came from. ''What?''

''Go get your sister and take the dog out for a walk, he's been whining and scratching the door for twenty minutes already.'' His mother spoke up as she looked away from her computer to meet his eyes.

''Fine, where's Siyeon?''

''In her room, I think.'' Mrs. Park replied then looked back down at her computer. ''Be back before sundown please.''

''Got it.'' Jimin nodded his head then left the living room to go back upstairs. He walked over to his sister's room and knocked before entering. ''Yeonie, mom said we had to take Batt out for a walk.''

''Coming~'' The girl cheered as she threw her pencil down on her desk and stood up.

''Wait, you're still not finished with your homework?'' Jimin asked noticing the pile off books on the younger's desk.

''It's fine, I was about to give up anyway.''

''Why didn't you just call me to help you?''

''You barely pass your classes, I didn't want to burden you with mine as well.''

''Excuse you?'' Jimin cocked an eyebrow at the younger.

''C'mon let's go.'' But she didn't bother to apologize. She just grabbed her coat and her brother's hand and the pair were on their way out the house. ''Batt c'mon! Time for a walk!'' She called out for their dog.

Not even a minute later an excited ball of fluff came running to the front door with the leash in his mouth. The pair of siblings managed to put the leash onto the dog and they were off.

''Where should we go?'' Siyeon asked; she was the one holding the leash.

''Hmm... I haven't been back at school for a while now.''

''Lucky you, I have to go back there on Monday.''

''Just two more years and you'll be in high school, wishing you could go back.'' Jimin assured as he pulled the younger into the direction of the old school. ''How is school anyway?''

''Full of drama, fake people and math.''

''Ah, so eight grade is not much different from junior year.'' Jimin joked. ''Let me save you from the pain early on, stick to yourself, have one or two good friends and stay away from the fake people.''

''Noted.'' The younger nodded her head. ''How's it going with that guy?''

''What guy?'' Jimin was trying to pretend not to know what his sister was talking about, but his red cheeks gave him away.

''You know, that guy you apparently don't eat, sleep or function normally because of.''

''Who told you that?''

''Dad.''

''He... He said 'guy'?''

''Well actually, he came into my room started asking me who was this girl you're crushing on and explained how you're acting so I changed the gender and started figuring out on my own what is going on.''

''Makes more sense.''

''So how's it going?''

''I spoke to him on Monday.''

''That's good, did you ask him out?''

''No, he wanted to borrow a pencil.''

''Still better than nothing.''

''I appreciate your optimism.''

''Anytime.'' Siyeon joked. ''Are you going to try to talk to him again?''

''I guess... It's probably smarter then staring at him from afar.''

''Please don't tell me you stalk the poor guy.''

''I would... but that would be considered lying both to you and myself.''

''Oh dear God...'' Siyeon murmured to herself as the pair made their way to the school. ''Should we go to the back and let him run around for a bit.''

''Sure.'' The older agreed.

''By the way, if he shits I'm throwing it into one of the school windows.''

''I'm gonna pretend I didn't hear that.''

''Ah, dammit, we're not alone.'' Siyeon complained causing Jimin to look up and notice a pair of boys sitting on one of the benches. He squinted his eyes, finding one of the boys awfully familiar.

''Shit.'' And that's when it hit him.

''What? You know them?'' Siyeon asked.

''It's him, let's go.'' Jimin tried to pull his sister into the other direction but she wouldn't budge.

''Wait, who?''

''Him.''

''You mean... The guy?''

''Yes I mean the guy now let's go, please.''

''Oh no fucking way, which one is it?''

''The shorter one, but that's not important can we please leave.'' Jimin begged his little sister, but she seemed to have other plans.

''Batt, hey Batt~ Go, go, go~'' She let go of the leash and ordered the dog to run over to the pair. ''Let's go, now's your chance to talk to him.'' She called out to Jimin then started running over to the pair making Jimin follow along. ''I am so sorry about that, he just ran off on us.'' She spoke as she made her way over to the pair.

''It's okay, he's so cute.'' The boy whose name Jimin still didn't know spoke up and he petted his dog and smiled at him widely.

Jimin risked a sneak at Yoongi, to see if his classmate would at least recognize him and greet him, but that was not the case. Yoongi was looking at his friend, a fond smile plastered over his lips as he watched the boy play with the dog.

Once again, Jimin felt the envy and disappointment tighten his chest. Yoongi didn't even notice his presence, he was too busy staring at him.