07

JIMIN.

Another weekend ended, another Monday came and another lunch Jimin spent staring at his crush.

Yoongi did something different with his hair today. Usually it just laid flat out covering up his forehead and eyes making his expression look dark and mysterious yet somehow at the same time soft, cute and just so kissable. Today, his hair was slightly ruffled making it look messy, but not the 'he just woke up and didn't bother today' type of messy, the 'he spent at least fifteen minutes making it look like he woke up flawless' type.

And Jimin was loving it. He couldn't help but wonder how it would be if he got the chance to kiss his soft pouty lips, boop his cute little nose, run his hands through that shinny hair of his or hug the boy tightly and never let go. Oh how badly the boy had it.

He was head over heels for Min Yoongi.

Everything that boy did, whether it was chew his food, laugh at a joke his friend told him, stare into nothing or even look at the boy next to him lovingly, Jimin watched from afar and made sure to remember every tiny little detail on his face as it happened.

After seeing him over the weekend and having Yoongi not even acknowledge his presence because he was too busy staring at the boy next to him, Jimin realized he didn't stand a chance. Of course, he had known that from the start, but at least, there used to be a tiny a shred of hope in his body, convincing him that maybe, just maybe Yoongi will notice him and pay attention to him. But now, he faced the truth and accepted the fact that all he could ever do, is stare at him from afar and wish those loving glances, fond smiles and deep thoughts were caused by him and not Yoongi's friend.

The boy, who never even bothered to look Yoongi in the eye when the boy so lovingly stared at him. The boy who never returned the fond smile. The boy who stared down at his phone giving all his attention to whoever it was he was talking to all the time.

Jimin wondered if he and Yoongi were going through the same thing. Both wanting to get their crush's attention so bad, but neither having any luck. It made his heart sting when he thought of it like that. He didn't want Yoongi to be heartbroken, he didn't want him to feel what he felt, he wanted him to feel love, nothing but love. It's what he deserved.

What they both deserved.

It was pathetic, yes. Jimin had no trouble admitting that to himself. But oh how badly did he wish to be in that boy's place. Feel Yoongi's gaze on him, hear him laugh softly and smile fondly at something he had said, hear his soft and quiet voice as it spoke to him with so much love. Jimin wanted it, so so badly. Maybe his father was right, maybe his love was a sickness. And as cheesy as it may sound, Yoongi was the only cure.

A frown found its way to Jimin's lips as the boy snapped out of his thoughts. His gaze was still on Yoongi; sometimes he felt ashamed at how obviously he stared, but could you blame him? Yes, you could, but Jimin hoped you wouldn't. He just loved watching him, his brown eyes staring directly into his, his fluffy hair lightly bouncing on his forehead as he walked, his posture, so intimidating yet casual as he made his way over to Jimin's table.

Wait.

Panic shot through Jimin's body as he realized Yoongi was looking at him, making his way over to his table with an expression he was too shocked to decipher at the moment. He didn't know what to do, his body was frozen, his eyes were wide and unable to look away and his mouth suddenly felt as dry as a desert.

''Hey.'' Yoongi's raspy voice greeted causing a voice of surprise to get caught in Jimin's throat.

Jimin tried to speak, but his tongue seemed to have lost its ability to function leaving him to stare at Yoongi with a dropped jaw and wide eye look.

''Can... Can I sit down?'' Yoongi questioned as he scratched the back of his neck. He was wearing a slight smile on his face, the kind of smile he used when he tried to make an awkward situation comfortable.

''H-hi...'' Jimin finally managed to speak up but quickly slapped his forehead when he realized he said the wrong thing.

A soft chuckle escaped Yoongi's lips as he sat down opposite of Jimin and smiled at him, leaving Jimin in a state of utter shock and panic.