10

YOONGI.

Friday afternoon, one day before his date with Jimin.

Yoongi was sitting on the couch next to his two friends. For the first time in a while, the trio spent the afternoon together. While they were at a restaurant Yuqi came up with a plan to get Taehyung's phone and finally find out whom he has been not so secretly talking to for over a month now.

The plan was for Yuqi to sneak into the kitchen while Yoongi and Taehyung watched a movie and take Taehyung's phone, which was lying on the counter per Yoongi and Yuqi's request. 

Taehyung seemed uneasy without his phone. He kept fiddling with his fingers and glancing over to the kitchen. The pair knew they had to be fast if they wanted to do this, Yuqi was shoving popcorn into her mouth to make sure they run out soon. She needed an excuse to go to the kitchen.

''You guys already ate them all?'' Taehyung whined as he reached inside the bowl only to find nothing there.

''Sorry...'' Yuqi spoke with a sheepish smile.

''The movie's barely started.''

''I'll make more, just calm down.''

''Should we just pause the movie and go make popcorn.'' Taehyung suggested, trying to find a way to get to the kitchen as well.

''Nah, it's fine, I'll be right back.'' Yuqi assured as she rushed into the kitchen with the empty bowl.

''This isn't fair.'' Taehyung whined, trying to get Yoongi to stop the movie. ''She's missing out on all the good parts.''

''She said it's fine.'' Yoongi tried to sound casual but you could sense it in his voice that he was nervous.

''You're really that lazy?'' Taehyung chuckled. ''C'mon, just press pause and let's all wait for the popcorn.'' Before Yoongi could even reply, Taehyung already stood up and rushed into the kitchen. ''What the fuck are you doing!?'' And there goes their plan.

Yoongi sighed as he slowly stood up from the couch and made his way over to the pair to join in on the argument and hopefully stop it before it went too far.

''Why didn't you tell us you were talking to Jungkook again?'' But maybe it would have been better to stay in the living room, it would have saved him some heartache.

''You're what?'' He spoke up making Taehyung snap his head around. He was furious at the moment causing Yoongi's heart to ache all that more.

''That's none of your business.'' He snapped back.

''None of our business?!'' Yuqi snapped back. ''None of our business!?''

''Yeah, which part of that sentence are you having trouble processing!''

''Are you stupid or just that desperate!? That fucker is the reason you keep breaking Yoongi's heart.'' Yoongi mentally face palmed as his friend shouted those words, now was not the time to bring this up.

''What do you mean?'' Taehyung questioned as he looked back at Yoongi.

''Yuqi, don't...'' Yoongi spoke up trying to calm the girl down.

''No Yoongi, I will!'' She shouted back. ''He needs to hear this.''

''What is she talking about?'' Taehyung asked as he looked him in the eye.

Yoongi stared back at him as he tried to decide what to do. Does he confess and get rejected or does he pretend he doesn't know what is going and saves himself some dignity.

''That doesn't matter.'' He decided there was no use. Taehyung was back together with Jungkook now; he really never did stand a chance. ''What does matter right now is why you didn't tell us about Jungkook.''

''Because it's nothing worth mentioning.'' Taehyung shrugged his shoulders.

''Nothing worth mentioning? Taehyung did you forget what he did to you? Are you really going to let him back into your life just like that?'' Yuqi spoke up again. ''How did this even happen?''

''Nothing happened!'' Taehyung snapped back annoyed. ''We got high together once, that's it!''

''Since when do you do drugs?'' Yoongi asked. He was having a hard time processing just how much Taehyung has been keeping from them.

''It was a one-time thing.'' Taehyung explained, refusing to meet their eyes as he spoke.

''Then why do you talk to him all day long on the phone. Do you think we're stupid? We see you on that phone; every single day all day long all you do is talk to him. You don't even acknowledge us anymore. You call that a one-time thing?'' Yuqi asked as she crossed her arms over her chest and raised her eyebrow at him.

''Okay, so we're friends again. So what? Have you two maybe thought about that the fact that maybe he's changed? That he's grown up a bit since then? You guys only ever think about the bad things he did but you forget how much he actually meant to me and how much it hurts to listen to you two speak about him so badly. He's not like that to me anymore.'' Taehyung explained. Tears were building up in his eyes as he spoke. He didn't look at them just started grabbing his things.

''Taehyung...'' Yoongi called out after the boy.

''I can't right now, okay... We'll talk about this some other time.'' Was the last thing Taehyung said before he left.

The house remained silent for at least five minutes after he left. The pair just looked at each other and tried to process what just happened.

''What do we do now?'' Yuqi was the first one to speak.

''Let him be.'' Yoongi murmured back, trying his hardest not to cry. ''Hey, uhm, I'm sorry but could you please leave too.''

''Yoongi...''

''I'm sorry, I just really wanna be alone right now.'' Yuqi knew not to push him so she just took her things and left letting the tears Yoongi has been holding back for so long already to finally drop.