13

JIMIN.

It was around nine in the evening when the pair made their way down the street. In his left hand, Jimin was holding the teddy bear Yoongi had managed to get for him from the claw machine, and his right hand was intertwined with Yoongi's.

It was freezing cold at this time and Jimin was regretting not bringing a jacket, but he didn't say anything, not wanting to part from Yoongi just yet.

''I don't know what to name the teddy bear.'' He spoke up as he looked down at the stuffed toy he was holding close to his chest as if it was more precious than his life.

''Hmm...'' Yoongi thought for a moment but didn't manage to come up with a name. ''Whatever you like.''

''I'm bad with names though.''

''How can you be bad with names?'' Yoongi questioned.

''I named my dog Batt when I got him for my seventh birthday.''

''Okay... You were seven.'' Yoongi tried to justify his actions but still couldn't hold back his chuckle.

''But still... Who names their dog Batt.''

''You apparently.'' Yoongi teased earning a fake glare in response.

''I'm gonna name him Ruther.'' Jimin announced earning a chuckle in response.

''Well that's... Unique.''

''It's better than Batt.'' Jimin joked.

''That too.'' Yoongi joined in. ''Where are we going by the way?'' He questioned, it may have been dark and you couldn't see well considering the only thing providing them any lights were the street lamps but Yoongi was still sure that this wasn't the path he took to get to Jimin's house earlier.

''You don't mind if we take the longer way home, right?''

''No, of course not.'' Just as Yoongi replied, Jimin stopped walking making Yoongi do the same and sent the other a confused look. They were standing right underneath one of the lamps so Jimin could see Yoongi's face clearly as he spoke.

''I won't be able to say this when we make it to my house... My parents don't know I'm gay. So I figured I should at least say it here.'' Jimin trailed off, he let go of Yoongi's hand so that he could face him. Yoongi didn't speak up but rather waited for Jimin to continue talking. ''I had a really good time tonight, this was like... One of the best nights of my life. A-and I know this was only the first date and I'll probably freak you out a little bit by saying this... But I really like you, I have for some time now and I'm still having a hard time believing you actually asked me out.''

Yoongi didn't say anything for a while, but he did smile. But not just any smile, it was the smile. That fond expression he had when somebody he cared about did something that made him happy. Jimin found himself unable to breathe as he realized that he was the cause of that smile. Not the other boy, but him.

''Well...'' Yoongi trailed off as he wrapped his arms around the other's waist and pulled him closer. ''I had a really good time too. And I can't wait for our next date.''

''Where we hopefully won't make a fool out of ourselves.'' Jimin joked causing the pair to chuckle.

''It's okay, only a few families saw us.'' Yoongi joked.

''What about the kids that were judging us when we played 'Dance, Dance Revolution'?''

''Pshhh, we said we weren't going to talk about that.'' Yoongi joked causing the other to giggle. ''Jimin...'' The said boy suddenly felt weak to his knees as he heard Yoongi speak his name in such a gentle and soothing tone.

''Yes?'' He asked back, feeling a sense of pride when he realized he didn't stutter.

''Can I kiss you?'' Yoongi questioned, already leaning closer to the other.

''I don't think you're supposed to kiss on first dates.'' Jimin trailed off as he moved away from the other, but not too much, giving Yoongi a sign that he didn't really mean what he said.

''I don't think you're supposed to confess your feelings either.'' Yoongi joked causing the other to giggle. ''We did one thing wrong already, might as well say fuck it and break another rule.''

''Sure, fuck it.'' Jimin spoke with a giggle.

He may have seemed calm on the outside, but Jimin was freaking out the inside. His heart was going to explode out of his chest any moment now as he looked at Yoongi who was slowly leaning in. His shaky hands cupped the other's cheeks and slowly their lips brushed against each other causing the air inside Jimin's lungs to get stuck.

Yoongi pressed his lips against Jimin's and pulled him even closer so that their bodies were pressed against each other. The kiss was short and nothing more than just a peck but it was enough for Jimin's legs to go numb.

He gathered all the courage in his body and pulled the other into another kiss, this time making it more passionate. Yoongi instantly replied by kissing him back and pulling him even closer, which at this point seemed nearly impossible.

And so the pair of boys stood there kissing underneath the street lamp for God knows how long, neither in a rush to get home and neither wishing to break the kiss.