04 | The Unknown

I slowly come back to consciousness. Not wrapped in his cold embrace any longer. I'm on something soft, and warm. A bed? I get a chill down my back. Getting the feeling that I'm being stared at. A sudden thought comes to mind. Did I fall asleep on him!? A flashback comes to mind of me laying my head against his chest. I feel a presence in the room. I am too afraid to open my eyes, I pretend to continue sleeping. A familiar voice...

"She's awake."

Damnit.

I open my eyes. A group of men stand over me, all staring and all fairly good looking. The familiar face, with the unknown name. Still with his cold stare. A friendly face, smirking at me. He looked similar to mystery man. Short cropped dark brown hair, green eyes and tanned skin. Just as muscular and his grey dress shirt just as perfectly fitted to show it. The third man, beach blonde hair, fair skin, white t-shirt. Handsome, but nothing compared to the other two. Blondie seemed to be scowling at me. He didn't seem pleased with my presence. I gain the courage to look away from them for a moment to search my surroundings. I was indeed laying on a bed. Which might I add was quite beautiful. Dark wood furniture, dark wood floors, grey walls, two large windows allowing the perfect amount of light into the room. In between the two windows a grey stone fireplace.

I reach up and touch my forehead. I notice my arms, head and ankle are bandaged. I furrow my brows. Piecing the day together. I attempt to sit up. I suppose my struggle was obvious. "Please don't get up. You're quite injured." Brunette seemed, concerned? Mystery man still with his cold stare and blondie with his scowl. A nervous expression washes across my face. Choking on my words.

"H-hello. My names Aryah."

"Lovely to meet you.Despite the unfortunate circumstance." Brunette nods at me, flashing his perfect smiles. I blush as my eyes shift to mystery man. His face blank. The scowler begins ranting. Rolling his eyes at me. "Enough small talk. Why would you bring her here Damien? She's probably a spy. Why else would she be near the battle? I don't trust her." His eyes now daggers at me. I think to myself. Hah, his names Damien. "You'd rather me let her die. She was about to be raped and killed by our enemy. She is obviously not with them or a threat to us." He turns his gold gaze to blondie. I tense, remembering what had happened. Flashbacks flood my mind. Thank god Damien was there. I guess you could see the fear on my face. Brunette was analyzing me. "Enough Jace. You are frightening her." Brunette furrows his brows as he sees my reaction. "Good! Where are you from!? What were you doing!?" Blondie, who I guess is Jace. Starts interrogating me. "Jace. You are not helping. Get out. Now." Brunette seemed sweet. He was obviously concerned about me. Jace doesn't take his eyes off of me. "I'll be back for you." My eyes widen, confused. What the hell did I do? Brunette grabs Jace's shoulder as he walks by. "If you come back here. You will be answering to me." Jace shrugs off his hand, rolling his eyes and storms out of the room. Damien turns to brunette. "I believe she has amnesia. She can't remember anything but her name" They talk about me as if I'm not in the room.

"Hm. Thank you Damien. You have done enough today. Please go and rest."

"Thanks Cain." He glances at me as he walks out. Winking at me and mouthing "Prince" to me as he continues walking. Was he... hinting to me? I did say I wish I was prepared. Panic  filled me. I jump up. I needed to make a good first impression. He was royalty. I stumble a bit losing my balance. Rolling my ankle as I flop over. Closing my eyes not only for the impact of the floor but from the utter embarassment. His reflexes just as quick as Damien's. Catching me before I fall.

"I-I'm fine. Thank you." He smirks at me. "You really should be lying down. I will have the doctor come see you again." He lifts me up, helping me back onto the bed. An awkward silence. I was too busy thinking. Aloud...