15| Two-Faced

I run out of the bathroom and grab a hoodie along the way. I slide it over my head and realize how 'Damien' like it is. Black and oversized. I pause for a moment as I get a hint of his cologne. It causes me to shiver and get this weird feeling in my chest. I have a moment in my mind, thinking if I were to just run up and jump on him, what would he do? I struggle with this thought because of how badly I wanted to do it. I shake myself off. Jesus, just a mild hint of his scent get's me flying. I sigh and walk over to the ledge, pushing it open and sitting on it, swinging my legs around and jumping onto the roof. I had to go out the window, there was no way I was taking my chances with getting caught with my face like this. I didn't care too much about Ria, she was nobody to me and I doubt she would care enough to tell anyone.

I jump onto the grass, basically falling on my ass. I lay in the grass for a moment, grumbling in pain. Ria stands there staring at me wide eyed, I don't think she expected me to do that. She walks over to me as I push myself off the ground. She points up to the second floor to a door beside my window. "You know there's a balcony beside your room, right? You could have went through the door."

"Shut up." I mumble, dusting myself off. She giggles.

----------------------------------------------———

<-Meanwhile->

A young servant kneels in front of the fireplace in the study, lighting it for Cain. The young boy struggles a bit to get it started, he becomes increasingly frustrated. Cain smirks at the young boy. He was obviously nervous as Cain watched him. He walks over to the boy and kneels down beside him, placing his hand on his shoulder. "It's okay, I'll show you." The young boy looks over to Cain in surprise. This man was royalty, and here he is getting dirty to show a lowly servant like him?

Cain lights the fire and looks over to the boy, smiling. "Thank you, your grace." He whispers. Cain nods at the young boy and pats him on the back, tilting his head, giving him permission to leave. The boy smiles and jumps up, bowing before skipping to the door. Damien enters at this moment and the young boy runs straight into him, stumbling to the ground. Looking up, his face quickly turns to fear as Damien looks down at him in surprise as well. The boy too nervous to move. Damien leans down, reaching out a hand. The young boy just stares blankly at it. "Are you okay little man?" Damien tilts his head in question. The boys eyes flicker as a smile grows on his face, nodding yes. Damien helps him up and brushes him off. The boy bows and continues skipping out the door.

He looks up to Cain smiling at him with a raised eyebrow. "What?" he shrugs. Cain chuckles and shakes his head. "Nothing, nothing at all."

Damien walks over to the leather chair and takes a seat, sitting in silence for a few minutes.

"Alright, let's address the elephant in the room." Cain starts as Damiens eyes flick towards him. "This has gone too far Damien, no one has spoken in weeks." He sighs. "You're becoming too attached to her."

Damien normally had such a confident disposition, Cain was probably the only one he would bow his head to. His voice a whisper, "I know..."

"If you were a normal part of society I would have killed you without thought! Madilyn is our family. How will she ever trust you again!?"

"I know..."

"You need to go find Aryah right now. End this nonsense. I'm tired of no one speaking. It's too god damn quiet! and I'm tired of you following her around like a lost puppy."

Damien scoffs.

"Don't deny it. You need to tell her tonight. I can't continue to put our family in danger for someone who throws herself in the middle of it! especially when she has no idea she's doing it!"