45| Completion

The ceremony was over and everyone was making their way to the ballroom. Damien and I had a moment to ourselves awaiting our entrance. I look over to him, "What? You've been staring at me since I entered the throne room." I giggle. He takes a second to overlook my face. "You are beyond stunning." He says in a serious yet loving tone. "My bride." He grins. I shyly cower away from him. "My groom." He lifts my chin, inhaling as he plants a warm kiss on my lips. "Ready to join the party?" I nod, feeling a bit anxious. My heart quickens, "I hate being the center of attention." He turns to me again, giving me a sly smile. "Impossible. You gain attention the moment you enter the room, you demand it, no matter where you are." I rub my arm awkwardly, but have to admit that he did give me a burst of confidence. He grabs my clammy hand, grinning at me with his perfect smile, pulling me into the grand hall.

--------------------------------------——————

We walk through to the beautifully decorated ball room. Damien was right, everyone turned around, their champagne glasses in hand and huge smiles plastered on their faces. Almost in synchronization, they all raise their glasses in the air. Cain Shouts, "Let's all welcome the bride and groom!" Once again a roaring cheer booms the room and causes an instant smile on our faces. A waiter casually strolls in front of us, handing us both a glass of champagne. Damien begins speaking, "We want to thank everyone for making it out on such short notice. It's been beyond challenging this past year for many reasons, but with each-others support, we've made it through. Enjoy each-others company. Tonight, let's forget our troubles and celebrate!" The room quiet's as everyone takes a sip of their drinks, Rickie, of course, chimes in. "Woo, that's my boy!" I see several eyerolls and chuckles at Rickie's expense.

He takes my glass, placing it on the tray the waiter was holding beside us. Leading me to the center of the room. He swirls me around, pulling me in. "Dance with me, my bride." I can't help but gush at him. He was perfection. We start dancing as everyone surrounds us, watching the magic between us. An orchestra of beautiful music begins playing behind us, the most incredible violinist comes forward, so passionate. People slowly join us on the dance floor, joining us on this cloud I had been floating on.

The night was perfect, with everyone I love, all in one place. The night went on, chatting, dancing and eating until about one in the morning. I was in conversation with one of Damien's cousins when I feel the graze of his finger tips on my lower back. "Would you excuse my bride?" They nodded politely as he pulled me gently towards him. I look up to him, looking for the same bright smile but instead saw something darker. His eyes were no longer the clear blue they had been all day, but instead the same heat and desire now radiated off of him. His eyes shifted to my lips and his jaw clenched from the restraint. Without a word he gently guided me out of the ballroom. The night continued for the others, enjoying the event until the early hours.

He swings the door open to the hallway and turns to quickly scoop me up. He carries me down the hall bridal style. He hadn't said much, he was waiting for his moment to pounce me. We made it just outside our bedroom door. He took a few steps then came to a stop. My mind overflowing with thoughts, my arm wrapped around his shoulder, not realizing how tightly I was holding onto him. His eyes shifted to a dark blue. "Are you okay Ary?" I nod nervously. "Really? because you're holding onto me for dear life." He chuckles. As he finishes his sentence I immediately loosen my grip. He leans down, kissing my forehead. The door was slightly ajar, he nudges it gently with his foot, opening it. He places me down slowly, a moment of eye contact and he finally leans down with a gentle kiss. He was trying to feel me out, almost like he was asking for permission to go further. I kiss him back equally as gentle. As if he gets the hint he slowly releases and smiles down at me. "My bride." I giggle. "You've been saying that all day." He shrugs, "I can only say it for a day, I'll be calling you 'my wife' tomorrow." He grins. I nod, winking at him. "I'll be right back." He raises his eyebrows, curiously. I turn around and try my best to slow my pace to the bathroom.