29| Unwelcome

Hey babies, for those of you who are continuing on here, I've decided to add some  music to the read! The music I choose is what I listen to as I write. Whether it makes sense or not, it's the song that got me in the vibe for the chapter. I like a variety of genre's so you'll see a little of everything, I'm sure. Enjoy loves! xoxo

---------------------------------------------

Damien was right, there was something off and it filled the room. I look between Cain and Damien who both looked grimace. The alpha in them was out and glowing. I look back to the stranger to catch him staring at me. It felt like he was trying to tell me something, catch my attention. Cain shoves him back with one hand, causing him to take a few steps back, breaking eye contact with me. "Your eyes stay on me." Cain warns him. The man cowers to Cain, but says nothing. Damien gently pulls me behind him. I felt nervous; Nervous that this was going to escalate. More so for this stranger in front of me. He groveled to the presence of both Cain and Damien, whereas they both have personalities of kings, presenting with no fear. I already know Damien has no problem with confrontation.

"Who are you?" Cain breaks the silence. The stranger clears his throat, "My names Chris, your grace." "What do you want?" Damien takes over. "I've come to help. I heard you were accepting new recruits." Chris glances at me again. I furrow my brows in confusion. Why the hell does this guy keep looking at me? Cain and Damien narrow their eyes at him. They don't believe him. Damien takes a step forward. "If you don't want me to rip your eyes out of their sockets, I suggest you keep them to yourself." He warns him once more. My eyes widen and stare at Damien, how vulgar. Chris immediately cowers and blinks his stare away from me as he begins to lightly tremble. I look at Cain for back up, I felt bad for the stranger. I knew he would normally cut Damien's inappropriate outburts off but he said nothing. It seemed like he's using Damien's natural talent of intimidation in this situation. An unknown stranger with an odd energy. They didn't need to do much for the stranger to be scared of them, it almost seemed too much to me, they proved there point. Chris bows to them, "I'm sorry your grace. I meant no disrespect. She's a beautiful girl, I was admiring her." He gulps. "Keep admiring her and see what happens." Damien says enthusiastically. Chris throws his hands up in defence. "Your grace, no need for threats." I stare at him as his lips move but the words fade out. I furrow my brows and lean forward, trying to hear what he's saying. Their voices fade out to a mumbled, distant conversation, then to silence. Time feels as if it's slowing down and the surrounding room begins to blur around me. I panic and yell out to Damien but my own voice seems to fail me, yet I can sense the desperation in my attempted yelp. Damien whips around and looks at me mortified, lunging forward as I stumble on my feet. Damien's speaking to me but I can't focus. I get one last glance at their faces, full of concern and confusion, looking passed Cain, Chris, staring into my eyes solemnly.

I blink and I am surrounded by a garden I am not familiar with. I look around frantically, whipping behind me, my eyes match with the strangers. "Please don't be afraid, we don't have much time." He pleads to me desperately. I stare at him dumbfounded. "I need your help, I need you to convince them to let me stay." I shake my head, "Who the hell are you!? Where am I? Take me home!" He takes a deepbreath. "You are home. This is an illusion." I stare at him blankly, "Are you an essence!?" He fidgets for a minute, avoiding eye contact. "It's a long story, but yes." I look around piecing it together. "Then why can't Cain and Damien sense it?" He shakes his head, "They can sense something but I'm masking it. They're understandbly skeptical of me. Please." I cross my arms. "Why should I trust you so easily?" This guy had the confidence to do this in front of them and to ask so much of me, pissed me off. "Please Aryah, I can help you with your memories." My entire body tenses at his words. He knows my name and he knows I lack memory. Who was he? "How did you know that? How do you know my name?" I yell at him becoming more defensive. "Please, they're going to notice I've separated you from reality. I promise I will explain everything once they allow me to stay."