42| The Mending Process

Hey babies,

The next two chapters may be a bit confusing. It's Damien and Aryah going back into their past. The words in italic are current Damien speaking. He is watching as his past unfolds. Hope this helps!

Enjoy beauties,

X O X O
———————————————————————

Damien and Cain's eyes shift from the gem to Lucan's face, who was grinning back at them. "Stupid boys. I thought you were smarter than this. Perhaps I was too quick to allow this?"

Damien's eyes dart around the room, processing everything. Until his eyes come back to me. He stills before shifting back to Lucan. "That belongs to me." Lucan turns his head quizzically. "Does it? I don't think she gave it to you? I wonder what would happen if I put it on?" Damien's fists tighten. "Give it to me now." Lucan grins, "Or?" Damien narrows his eyes. "I think it would be wise to trust my threat for now." Lucan lets out a hearty laugh. "You were always my favorite Damien. So aggressive."

Damien reaches out grabbing onto the white gem, at the same time Lucan closes his hand into a fist around the chain. They pause, staring at each other. Lucan jerks his hand towards himself, pulling Damien closer, leaning into his ear. "Do not mistake my generosity for something that it's not." Damien's face twists in irritation. After a minute, Lucan let's go of the chain. "See you soon." Lucan winks and casually leaves the terrace.

Cain impatiently throws his hands up. "What are you waiting for? Put it on!" Rickie nods in agreement. "Bring our girl back." Damien turns to them, holding the gem gently in his palm. "Do you really think it will work? Why would we trust him to help us?"  Rickie huffs. "Are you serious? This could be her only chance. Put on the fucking necklace and stop whining!" Damien nods, taking a deep breath. "You're right. I hope it works." Damien looks down to the gem, slowly placing it around his neck. He turns to me, looking for any change. "How do you feel?" Cain asks hopeful. "I feel, warm?" The feeling was foreign to him. "Warm?" Rickie and Cain repeat. "I can't remember what that feels like, to feel... human, again." Cain states sadly. "Yeah, it's almost over... whelming." Damien's words begin to slur. "Are you okay?" Cain asks concerned. "I-I don't-" Before he was able to finish the sentence, he had collapsed to the floor.    

Darkness takes over.

-----------------------------------------------------

Familiar voices ring through my head.

"What a fucking mistake that was."

"He was right god dammit. We shouldn't have trusted him."

"You're both idiots, how could you trust Death!?"

"Come on Damien."

------------------------------------------------------

Soul mate: someone who changes your reality. Revolutionizes your world; Inks their presence into your time line. The existence of two beings and the exchange of energy, the balance between each. To truly understand, you must know them to their inner core. Know where they came from, as if you were there since the beginning.

<-Damien's P.O.V->

I open my eyes. I was in the corner of the throne room. The vision hazes but quickly becomes clear. I blink a few times as my heart pauses in my chest. I was staring at my father, King Rylan. I take a step closer to see he is speaking to three boys. Was that... me?

I take a few cautious steps towards them, he doesn't seem to notice me. I walk around to face the young children. It was Kai, Cain and I as children.