35| This day

<-Aryah's P.O.V->

I storm up the stairs and through the front door, jogging down the steps and onto the front lawn. Damien runs after me, "Aryah, wait!" I stop, turning to him. He stops in front of me, "Are you mad?" He asks innocently. I take a deepbreath, "No. You don't understand yet." He tilts his head. "I don't think it would change what I've done. Anyone who is going to take you, from me, will pay the price." He shrugs unapologetically. "He's lucky to be alive if I'm being honest." I stomp my foot into the ground, furrowing my brows. "Damien!" He crosses his arms, "I'm not going to lie to you Aryah. If he wasn't needed-" "Okay, I get it." I stop him.

I turn around to see Cain off in the distance. "What's Cain doing?" I turn around to look at Damien who seems to be thinking about his words. "What? What is it?" I shake my head confused.

A soldier comes running up to us, bowing before he speaks. "I'm sorry your grace, there is still no sign of her." Damien nods, "Thank you. Increase security at the borders. No one leaves or answers, Other than Myself, Cain, Rickie, Kai and Aryah." I look back at him completely puzzled. "Of course your grace." He bows once again and runs off.

"Who are you looking for? Who is missing?" I demand. "When Kai took you, his army came with him, under Death's orders. Cain and I were out searching for you, the rest fought off the attack. By the time we got back, we had discovered that they had taken Marina." A chill runs down my body. "No..." My face falls as I become disoriented. "We're doing everything we can to find her." He reaches out to me but I pull away. "He's going to kill her!" I shout. He shifts his gaze to Cain in the distance who seems to have noticed us and is coming towards us. "Ary, we'll talk more about it later, please don't say anything with Cain here." I look at him perplexed, shaking my head.

"Ary!" Cain runs up behind me giving me a bear hug, kissing me on the cheek. "You're awake, thank god we were getting so worried." I look to Damien one more time before turning around, returning the hug. "Anything significant you remember? He looks at me with hopeful eyes. I nod, giggling. "A few things, but most importantly, my abilities." He raises his eyebrows, dropping his jaw open. "That's amazing!" I nod, "I can take care of myself now." I smile. "That doesn't mean anything is going to change." Damien solemnly points out. Cain glances up to him then back to me. "Relax, things will change for you soon." I shrug, "What do you mean?" Damien and Cain exchange looks then Damien sighs.

"You're going to be living with me."

We all turn around to see Kai standing confidently behind us. My eyes widen and shift over to Damien, who stares back at me with another sigh. It seems he already knew? "What?" I say again. Kai walks over to me, rolling his eyes. "You look pleased..." He says sarcastically. "S-sorry it's just... I'm just-" Cain chuckles, "She's wondering if it's okay with you D." Kai nudges me, "It doesn't matter what he wants, it's for your safety." Surprisingly Damien keeps his cool. "Don't worry. No way in hell I'd let you go by yourself." Damien glances annoyingly at Kai as he walks towards me. He grips my chin and pulls me into a kiss. He pulls away giving me a devilish grin, then turning around to face Kai. "That was unnecessary." Kai stares at him irritated. "Was it? It seems you need a reminder of what doesn't belong to you." Kai scowls at him. "Alright, both of you shut up. I'm very happy you are doing well Aryah. Are you well enough to travel?" I turn to Cain, "We're leaving today!?" Cain nods at me sadly. "Say your goodbyes Ary and pack some clothes. We'll leave in an hour." I stutter looking between the three of them. "O-okay..." I run into the house, I want to use my time wisely.

"It will be so nice for her to be back at home." Kai places his hands on his hips happily. "This is her home, you prick." Damien scowls at him. Kai looks at Damien through the corner of his eye. "Not looking forward to living with you again." Damien scoffs, following me inside.