47| Declaration

<-Rickie's P.O.V->

The moment Cain spoke, to the moment he burst into a sprint, was only meer seconds. I reacted immediately, barely reaching him but able to grab the fabric of his shirt. "Cain! What are you doing!?" He jerks his arm away from me, whipping his head, our eyes match. "She's in there!" He points towards the entrance. "This asshole has been playing around with us for too long!" He huffs as his his voice loses strength. "I just... I just want my family whole again." I sympathize with him. I wanted the same thing. "We can't go in there alone." I paise. "Listen, I promised Damien I wouldn't let you do anything stupid and I intend to do just that." Cain slumps his shoulders forward in defeat, he knew I was right. He turned to look at the entrance once more, pausing. He turns his entire body to face the entrance when we notice movement coming from the door. I instinctively take a step back, ready to leave. When I take a second step I step directly on a small branch, snapping it. The guard looks up in our direction. Cain's body almost relaxes, he now had a reason to react. "Come on, Cain!" But he doesn't flinch. The guard makes his way over to us, searching through the bushes. "Who's there!?" He yells out. A young man, ash blonde hair, fair skin, medium build. Not overly intimidating. He pushes a tree branch out of the way, ducking underneath it. He looks up, coming to a complete stop as he walked directly into Cain, who hasn't moved an inch. Cain's serious, yet unyielding expression makes this young man cower. He knew exactly who Cain was. He stutters over his words, "I-I, um, Your grace..." He says quietly, quickly glancing back to see if anyone were behind him. Cain casually but abruptly shoots his right hand out to the young mans shoulder, instantly fatiguing him. In the same moment, he lifts his left hand, spreading wide a few inches from the young guards face, closing his hand into a fist, pulling the remaining air out of his lungs and knocking him out. His body drops to the ground.

"What the hell Cain!?" I whisper angrily. Cain looks at him for a moment before turning around, walking past me. "Throw him in a cell." I watch as Cain casually struts passed me. I turn my head back to the sleeping guard and sigh. "This was supposed to be an easy night." I whisper to myself.

-------------------------------

<-Damien's P.O.V->

I stand in the dark hallway unable to sleep. I look out the window into the darkness, in deep thought. Movement catches my eye as Cain emerges from the forest. Several seconds later, Rickie emerges with someone strayed across his back. I furrow my brows as I straighten my posture. What the hell? I meet them as they enter the house. "Who the hell is that?" Rickie looks at me, irritated. "Don't ask." He says plainly as he continues downstairs. I turn my attention to Cain, who seems unbothered. Kai strolls in from the kitchen, shoving the rest of a pastry in his mouth. "Oh you're back?" He wipes his mouth and shrugs. Cain glances at him, then back at me. "Marina is alive, he's holding her there." I nod lightly, "You're sure?" Cain narrows his eyes at me. "Yes." He says with a bit of force. Kai sighs, "Early morning we will announce the end of the war, along with our new royal member. Then we will come up with a plan." Cain raises an eyebrow. "And the law?" Kai looks between both of us and shrugs. "What law?" Cain rolls his eyes. "The law in which the first betrothed becomes king." Kai's expression darkens. "You're king and it can stay like that for all I care." I cut the tension between them. Cain narrows his gaze at me and I roll mine. I listen to them banter for a few minutes before I start to zone out. The surrounding sound blurs as a wave of anxiety hits me. I was fine only moments ago? I take a moment to slow my heartbeat. "Aryah." I breath. I ignore my brothers, leaving them behind.

In a flash I'm in our room, searching for her. I see her leaning onto the bed, breathing deeply. "Ary, what's wrong?" I rush over to her. She turns to me, "Sorry, I-I forgot you could sense me." She huffs. I smile, "One of the perks, babe." I grab her hands, turning her towards me. "What has you so anxious?" She looks to the floor. "I want to be ready, ready for anything, ready to protect, you, everyone." I look at her skeptically. "Where is this coming from?" She shifts uncomfortably. "I heard you talking, about finding the entrance to the base..." I let go of her hands and straighten myself, where was she taking this. "I want to help." She finally looks up at me but my expression darkens. "No." I state. Her face twists in annoyance. "Why?" Her voice filled with attitude. "He can reverse your immortality, Aryah." She raises an eyebrow. "He can reverse yours too." I grin, "That won't happen." I sigh, "Don't fight me on this, please." She crosses her arms, furrowing her brows. "I'm doubling my training sessions. I will train with Chris in the afternoon and you in the mornings." I scowl at her, she was doing this on purpose. The thought of her even standing close to him, made me grind my teeth. She shrugs happily, strutting out of the room.