20| Past to Present

<-Damien's POV->

Damien bursts out the front door and sighs. If it were anyone else they would be looking at the scene in horror. Blood, guts and death take over the entire front section of their home, leading to the entrance of the forest. Groups of soldiers run through the forest and jump on the closest rebel. He scans the field to see every one of his soldiers fighting at least two of the enemy. Confident he has trained them well. They can handle themselves.

He walks further into the field, casually walking past the violence that surrounds him. He makes his way to the center of the mess. No one seems to have the courage to go after him specifically. He throws his hands up in the air. "I'm standing right here." Waiting for someone to come for him. He receives a few glances from the enemy but they quickly turn away and find the closest rebel. "Really, no one?" He turns around in a circle saying this. "I'm unarmed." He drops his arms down in annoyance. "Fine. Then I'll choose." A few of the soldiers flinch at his words and run the opposite way, making as much distance from him as they can. He sees one soldier running from him in the distance, looking back over their shoulder, ensuring that Damien is still in the same place, not coming after him. The soldier looks forward to ensure they are running straight. When they look back over their shoulder, Damien is gone. They sigh a breath of relief. As the soldier turns their head forward they run into a wall of flesh, making them fly backwards as a result. The soldier freezes as they look up to Damien staring down at him.

"H-how did you-"

Damien kneels down in front of them, grinning. "I choose you."

Before the soldier has a chance to respond, Damien reaches over, grabbing the center of his shirt and pulling him up as he stands. The soldiers feet dangle in the air as Damien lifts him. Damien looks up to him and smiles. A wave of black flows down every vein in his right arm in a matter of seconds. The darkness quickly spreads from Damien's hand into the soldier, spreading up his neck and into his face. The sclera of his eyes flood into black and begin to pour out from his eyelids. He chokes and convulses in Damien's hand before he finally stops moving. He tosses him to the side.

A group of soldiers stand still around him in shock. Damien gives them a big smile, showing his perfectly white teeth. "Who wants to go next?"

They all turn in their own direction and begin sprinting towards the forest. He pouts. "Boo, no fun."

Damien scans the area to see everyone handling their own small group of soldiers easily. Madilyn was handling herself just fine. Which made Damien happy to see she was back to normal.

Damien tilts his chin towards his armpit, looking over his shoulder without being too obvious. A soldier was sprinting towards him from behind with a dagger in hand. He obviously wasn't aware who he was running towards.

He waits patiently as the soldier gets closer and at the last minute, once the soldier is in arms reach, he ducks down, pulling the soldiers feet from under him; falling flat on his back. The soldiers eyes widen as he sees who he attempted to attack.

Stupid, stupid, stupid. The soldier thinks to himself as he scrambles away from him; dragging his ass across the dirt.
———————————————————————

<-Aryah's POV->

At this moment I decide to look out the window from Damien's room. I look around to see everyone, including Marina, kicking ass. My eyes land on Damien who is circling a soldier who is on the ground. A predator playing with his prey before devouring it.

I watch as the soldier makes a quick attempt to stand. Damien punches him square in the face and he flies back into the ground. I wince as I watch, almost like it was me getting punched in the face. I feel a small tinge of sympathy for anyone on the other side who comes across Damien. They know that going into it though I guess, don't they?