40| Progress

Oof!

Wow guys so sorry, I have been so busy with my job and family lately! Today's the first time I had a chance to myself. I apologize for the long wait, but I have a bit of time today. I'll get as much done today as I can!

This version is almost done, then I'll be focusing more on 'Eternal Ruin' which I've also slacked on. lol

Agh.

Thank you for your patience!

Enjoy, X o X o

-----------------------------------------------------

I quickly walk through the doors, curious to see who it could possibly be, visiting me? I turn my head, to the front door and my face lights up. "Cain!" I squeel and run toward him. He turns around casually at the same time I collide into him, letting out an 'ooph'. I wrap my arms around him and he quickly reciprocates, squeezing me into him. We sit into the hug for several seconds. When he finally lets me go, he says nothing, looking me over "What are you doing here?" I break the silence.  He stays quiet, bringing his hand up to my chin and turning it from side to side, noticing the dark spider web growing up my neck. His eyes shift to the gem as he puzzles everything together. He brushes my skin with his thumb softly as his eyes continue to travel down my neck to my shoulder, lifting the edge of my shirt in attempt to see the extension of this contamination. Braelin jumps in, breaking the tense air. "This has been fun but I'm going to leave you guys to it." She winks at Damien as he slowly enters the room. Braelin squeezes his shoulder on the way out and he nods to her in appreciation.  Cain's gaze stays on me, barely noticing Damien has entered the room. He reaches down, wrapping his hands around mine and bringing them up to eye level, flipping them over palms up. I open it slowly as the white gem glimmers. Cain's body visibly tenses as he takes in a sharp inhale. Finally his eyes break from me and shift to Damien. Damien awkwardly rubs the back of his head, shifting his gaze away from Cain's. "Thanks for coming so suddenly..." Cain removes his hands from mine. "We should speak in the study." He states flatly, walking passed us. Damien nods grimly, shoves his hands in his pockets, following behind him. I cross my arms and huff to myself. A quiet chuckle comes from beside me. I turn my head to see Rickie leaning against a door frame. "If I know anything about Cain, he doesn't want you to panic, so he'd rather say nothing." I sigh and shrug. "We already know what the solution is." Rickie pushes himself off the frame and casually strides towards me. "He doesn't know that. I'm sure he's worried about you since Damien requested him so suddenly." My eyes widen, "Damien requested him?" Rickie nods, "He got Brae to go get him as soon as we found out what this thing is doing to you." I stare blankly for a moment. "He was lost Aryah. Cain has always been his go to. You're family now, get used to it. This is what we do." Giving me a sweet grin.

-----------------------------------------------------

Damien and Cain swiftly walk into the study and close the door behind them. Kai raises his eyebrows in surprised, then furrows them in confusion. "What are you doing here?" Damien brings both his hands up to his face, rubbing them up and down and through his hair in frustration as Cain stops in front of the chair that Kai was sitting in, turning to him. "I was summoned here." Cain states flatly." Kai shifts his gaze to Damien, then back to Cain. Cain leans onto the arm chairs, inches from Kai's face. "If I find out this was your fault I-" "It wasn't him, Cain." Damien cuts him off as he leans his back and head against the wall. Kai raises an eyebrow and scoffs as he leans back in the chair. "For your information, Damien and I have been bonding." Cain narrows his gaze, gripping tightly on the arm rests. "Is that so?" Cain turns his head to Damien. "It's been two fucking days, what happened to the past few years?" He turns back to Kai. "Suddenly you want back into his life?" Kai frowns and matches his narrowed gaze. "Are you two seriously fighting over my affection" Damien rolls his eyes. "Can we all pick the fucking panty wedges out of our asses and be normal, for once." Damien pulls out three glasses and begins pouring scotch into each. "And what is normal?" Cain pushes off the arm rest and crosses his arms, eyes still narrowed in annoyance. "Geez can we tone down our language, mom would be shoving soap down your throat if she heard you talking like that." Kai perks his lips as he tries to lighten the mood. Damien shakes his head and Cain throws him a death glare. "You trust him?" Cain asks openly to Damien. Damien turns around and hands him a glass. "He's helped me."  Cain takes the glass and downs it before pointing to Kai. "I don't know what you're putting in his head for him to change his opinion on you so drastically, But I am not buying it" Turning back to Damien, he jabs his index finger into his chest. "Have you forgotten all he has done?" Damien takes a second to let Cain's words sink in He was right, how could he forget why they left in the first place. After a long pause, Damien looks to Cain. "No I have not forgotten" Cain drops his arm slowly, his lips in a flat line. Kai furrows his brows and crosses his arms.