28| New Arrivals

All eyes stare wide at Damien and the room fills with silence. I clear my throat, "Yes...?" He shifts his gaze from me to Sabrina and Marina. "Ladies, would you please excuse us for a minute." Sabrina and Marina both nod lightly. "Of course your grace." Sabrina bows and grabs onto Marina, pulling her out of the room. "Ember had it coming your grace!" Marina's voice trails off down the hall.

I couldn't quite read Damien's expression. It was as if he was trying to look serious, but he was too amused to hide it. He sighs as he crosses his arms, tilting his head. "So, what happened?" My face twists in annoyance. I should have known she would run straight to him. "She insulted me. Something along the lines of how I must bore you since we haven't slept together and how you were all over her, when you were together." I tense my jaw, reliving the harsh words she threw at me. His eyes change from amused to dark as he narrows them. "You know that's not true." He says seriously with a hint of apprehension. "I know that it's not true. She doesn't know our situation, she's ignorant. But the thought of you being all over her." My body shutters as I cringe at the thought. He furrows his brows as he grips my hand tightly. "I need you to understand something. I care about you. More than I've cared about anything. I was young and she was easy. I may have slept with her, but it wasn't in any way meaningful. If you and I are going to do this, it needs to be done right, because you deserve the best. I've done far more for you in the first two minutes I met you, than I did for her in our entire relationship." He moves in, snaking his hands around my waist. "And it has nothing to do with a lack of desire, because... fuck, the things I would do to you." He pauses, "Will, do to you." He takes an obvious moment to calm himself down, even the thought of it, got him going.

I smile, placing my hands on his chest and pushing him back lightly. "I don't regret what I did, and I won't apologize for it." He grins and nods, "Understandable. I couldn't ask you to apologize for that. But damn, you got her good. She thought you broke her nose." He chuckles proudly. I narrow my eyes, "Tell her to watch her mouth or next time I'll make sure it's broken." He raises his eyebrows and chuckles again. "Alright, tone it down a notch. Go have fun with the girls, I'll deal with her." He leans down to peck me, flicking my chin up playfully as he turns to leave the room.

Geez, that went better than I thought.

---------------------------------------------

<-Damien's P.O.V->

Ember sit's on the counter as Amanda tends to her nose. I enter the kitchen and internally roll my eyes. How dramatic she was. "Amanda, could you excuse us please." Amanda turns and nods, picking up the remaining first aid materials and leaving the room. Ember scowls at me and wipes a non-existent tear from her face. "Well? Did you talk to your psychotic pet?" Rage fills me and I slam my fist into the counter, causing a loud boom, making her jump. "Call her that, one more fucking time, Ember." She gulps and slides off the counter, making a lame attempt to regain her confidence. "I-I hope you gave her what she deserves. She could have seriously messed up my best asset, my face." I narrow my eyes at her and shake my head. "Were you always this stupid? How did I ever put up with your arrogance." I stare at her making direct eye contact, she breaks it, looking everywhere else but my face. It amused me how she lacked confidence with me and was overly confident with everyone else. "W-what? Are you kidding me! You're taking her side?" The fight in her voice lacked as it was trembling and weak. "Tell me, what did you say to her?" She moves her lips like she's about to say something but the struggle to form a sentence lacks voice. I take a step to her and tilt my head to make eye contact with her. "I'm taking things slow with her because I respect her, not that it's your business. Nothing you say will affect our relationship status. She will be my wife one day." She blinks a few times likes she can't fathom what I just said, she swallows and shakes her head, choking on her words. "W-wife." She repeats. I nod as my expression becomes neutral, I knew these words hurt her, but she needed to hear them. "Yes Ember. My wife." Her eyes fill with tears and rage fills her body. "What makes her better than me!?"