18| Mikayla

I wake from my light slumber. I wasn't all that tired, sleeping for two days does that to you. I sit before I can't hold it any longer, I have to go to the washroom. Damien breathing lightly as he sleeps peacefully. He needed it, he looked exhausted. I look around us, he was wrapped tightly around me. I lightly grab onto his wrist and lift it off of my waist, but he wakes instantly. "What's wrong?" He says groggily. "How did you wake up so easily!? You were in such a deep sleep."

He chuckles, "I don't produce heat, remember? I can feel your warmth leave my body." He flops his head back down onto the pillow, pulling me in again. "I have to pee, Damien."

He yawns and stretches out, "Okay, let's go." I furrow my brows at him as I push him away. "Uh, no. You are not coming to pee with me." I laugh at him. "But it's down the hall?" he says like this means anything. "I'll walk you." He leans up, his eyes half open. "We're in a hospital, nothing is going to happen." I state flatly.

He sits for a minute, thinking. "Fine." He says, laying his head back down on the pillow.

I jump out of bed but apart of my hospital gown gets stuck underneath his knee, pulling it away from me and untying the last knot on the bottom of the gown at the back. He half opens his eyes at first but immediately shoots his eyes open as he sees my bare butt. I grab onto the gown and pull it in a panic, but he catches it with his hand once it's released from his body weight. A huge grin and a raised eyebrow replaces his tired look. Oh yeah, he was awake. I rip it out of his hands and turn my body so I was now facing him, tying it again. "Damien! you ass!" He chuckles, "Damn, I could use a wake up call like that, every morning." He bites his lip as he eyes me up and down. "You perv." I roll my eyes as I run out of the room.

--------------------------------—————————
I make my way down the hall, dragging my feet. It must be like four in the morning, it was still dark. I open the door to the public bathroom and do my thing. I walk to the sink and wash my hands. I look up and adjust my hair. My eyes shift over my shoulder as I stare in the mirror.

Mikayla

I whip around, leaning against the sink

"What the hell are you doing here!?" my heart jumps out of my chest.

"Please, don't be afraid. I'm sorry I startled you." Her face filled with worry and urgency.

"We are in the bathroom at four in the morning, Mikayla." I state like it would be common knowledge that this was bizarre.

"I had to talk to you alone." She rubs her hands together nervously. "You couldn't have waited until tomorrow?" I shake my head confused. "No." she states flatly.

"Why didn't you come into my room?" I shrug. "Damien." One word answers. "Okay so you chose the bathroom...?" I ask confused. "I had to, I was going to stop you in the hallway but he's standing outside your room." "What? why is he standing outside my room?" she shrugs, "He is worried about you." She pauses.

"No where is safe."

"He's a little excessive." I sigh. "Okay, what is it that you had to stalk me in the bathroom at this time." Humouring her.

"I have to tell you, I have to get it off my chest. You and I grew up together." She sighs in relief.

"What!?" I lean back

"I wasn't lying when I said we were family, we're actually cousins, more like sisters. Our family lives Aryah. They're waiting for us."

"Waiting for us? Why haven't they come?"

She hesitates at my question, "Oh, because they weren't sure if it was safe." I shake my head. "Of course it's safe? Why wouldn't you tell them it's safe?"