Chapter Four

Harry grinned down at him, pillow in hand.

“Damn you Potter.” Draco said, now fully awake. He sat up and glared at him. The dim light of the moon made it hard for him to see Harry but he didn’t care. If he saw more of Harry, he might strangle the Gryffindor. “What is so incredibly important that you have to keep me awake?”

“You woke me up. And now I can’t fall back asleep. So you need to help me fall back asleep.”

“You’re an ass Potter.”

Harry laughed as Draco sighed. His silver eyes started to slowly close, He buried back into the covers, starting to pull them over his head. Before he could fully turtle shell into the blankets, he was hit again by a pillow.

“That’s it!’ Draco yelled. With the silencing spell that was on their room (to keep Teddy from waking up when someone flushed the toilet or took an early shower) they could yell all they want, something Draco took to his advantage when he needed to rant. He yanked the pillow from Harry and lunged out of the bed, attacking Harry with it. He didn’t stop until Harry was laughing so hard he couldn’t stand anymore and pleaded for mercy.

“Death by feathers. This is a dishonorable death. I call a ceasefire!”

Draco collapsed back onto one of the beds, exhausted but happy. He didn’t seem to notice or really care that he was laying on Harry’s bed but Harry definitely noticed. Seeing Draco laying down on his bed with that look… his lustful thoughts were short lived. How could he keep thinking this way about Draco? Draco was obviously not interested in him as well as Harry was still in love with Ginny. Ginny, who had given her life to fight. He couldn’t be thinking of anyone that way. Especially a Malfoy. These grim thoughts were also short lived once he realized….

“Your hair!” Harry burst out laughing, nearly falling on top of Draco from laughing so hard. Draco looked up at him, confused.

“What’s wrong with it?”

Draco’s hair was a complete mess. Without the hair gel, it was fluffy and damp from his shower, hanging around his face. The repetitive hitting from the pillow had caused it to stick up in different places. Small wisps of hair fell into his face as he glared at Harry. He blew them out of his face, sitting up.

Harry was laughing too hard to say anything to him. He was so used to seeing Draco’s hair tamed. Even when he shook Draco awake in the middle of the night to go check on Teddy, his hair was never this messy.

Draco swore loudly and threw a pillow at him, pouting. “You’re such an ass, Potter.” He sulked. He rolled over to bury his face in the remaining pillow on the bed. ‘Mmmm smells good.’ his sleepy mind thought as he closed his eyes. Harry’s hyena laugh hadn’t ceased yet.

By the time that Harry had stopped laughing, Draco was asleep. Harry looked around with uncertainty, not sure what to do. Draco Malfoy was asleep on his bed. He may have had a small crush on Draco back in their third year but it had long since faded. So why was he so…. Draco was definitely not going to be waking up any time soon and he had the feeling that if he tried to wake him up then he would be hexed. Draco’s pale skin and hair clashed wonderfully with the Gryffindor red of Harry’s covers. Harry sighed. There wasn’t any way he could sleep on Draco’s bed. Sure, there was the possibility of being hexed by Draco if he was caught but….. Something about that. He just couldn’t. Shaking his head, he left the room. The couch would be good enough for tonight. There were tons off blankets around the house. Draco, surprisingly, hated the cold.

As he settled down on the couch, his head whirled with millions of confused feelings. How was it that Draco made his experience so many emotions? Anger, sadness, pain…. Happiness, nervousness, amusement….. His relationship with Draco had always been complicated. They had spent so many years fighting, hating each other, always on opposite sides. So why couldn’t he stop thinking about the Slytherin sleeping in HIS bed?

‘I’ll tell Hermione. She’s good with these things.’