Chapter Sixteen

“Father?” Draco’s tail wrapped around himself, his ears flattening back. Harry raised his wand higher, aiming it at Lucius’s chest. Hermione was quickly catching on, moving back slightly to be more in front of Draco. Ron, confused, went along with what they were doing, also aiming his wand at Lucius.

“Draco. I know you got my owl. That was hours ago. I have been patient and waited for you. And here I find you, acting as the lapdog for them.” Lucius spat. He didn’t lift his wand, knowing that would be a bad move.

“Father, I was simply trying to figure out-”

“Silence. Come along. Now.”

Hermione and Ron looked to Draco, silently telling him to stay still. Draco’s tail lowered, curling between his legs.

“No.”

Lucius’s gaze snapped to Harry. “Excuse me?”

“No. He isn’t going to go with you.”

“That isn’t for you to say.” Lucius’s affronted look would’ve made the three Gryffindors laugh if it weren’t for the situation.

“You should be more careful. He’s the only reason you aren’t in Azkaban.” Harry sounded calm and cold, something that was starting to freak out the others.

“I have no idea what you are talking about Mr. Potter.”

Harry glared at him, his stance not faltering. Hermione grabbed Draco’s hand, digging her nails in his palm. He yelped and yanked away. Blood dripped from his palm which he held to his chest. His tail twitched. “Draco, go to your room.”

Draco made an indignant noise, “You can’t just… no!”

“Draco now.”

His ears flattened and he made an odd spitting noise before stalking off down the hall.

“Draco do not take one more step.” Lucius growled.

Draco halted, clenching his injured fist. A drop of blood fell to the ground.

“Go!” Hermione snapped. Draco started moving again, rushing down the hall. Harry shot her a confused look but quickly covered it up, glaring at Lucius.

Lucius rolled his eyes. “Fine. Tell that ungrateful brat that he is no longer wanted at my home.” He turned around and stalked from the room, slamming the door behind him. The alarm beeped before going silent again, signifying that he left the property. Hermione immediately rushed down the hallway that Draco had disappeared down.

“What the FUCK WAS THAT?!” Draco snapped when the entered the room.

“I’m sorry Draco. I really am. I didn’t want to do that. But I had no other choice.” She grabbed his wrist again, healing his cuts with her wand. “I know what was going on and it was the only other option I had. I’m not entirely sure how to undo it but-”

“Undo what. Granger slow down.” He pulled his now-healed hand away from her, inspecting the closed cuts.

“I intentionally left a mark on you. So that you wouldn’t be submissive to him anymore. Well you could handle not being submissive to him.”

Harry frowned and leaned against the wall. Ron was sitting on the edge of harry’s bed, watching everything curiously and trying to understand what was going on.

“Thank you Hermione. I think I just… I need a little bit of space.” He quickly left the room before any of them could protest. Harry sadly watched him go.

“Go after him Harry. Ron and I will go to Molly and Arthur’s to check on Teddy. You can reverse what I’ve done by leaving your own mark. I don’t know if there is any other way to reverse it.” She stood up and grabbed Ron’s hand. They said their goodbyes before leaving the house and apparating away.

Harry sighed and started his search for Draco.