Chapter Fourteen

For those of you that skipped the last chapter, the italicized part directly after this is what you missed.

Both boys were in tears now. Harry barely had time to think before Draco was practically in his lap, clinging onto him in a hug. “All those times I teased you… all those times that I thought you had the perfect life. That no one could dislike you because you were you.”

“It’s in the past Draco.”

“So was this.” He retorted, shoving up his sleeve, revealing his mark.

“Yes but you’ve changed.” Harry was quickly starting to notice the position they were in. Draco was sitting close enough for Harry to pull him into his lap. The way they were sitting, their faces were only inches apart. Harry gently grabbed his left wrist, bringing the mark close to his face. Draco’s heartbeat started to speed up dramatically as Harry brushed his lips over the mark. “You’ve changed.” He brought his gaze back up to look at Draco. Draco’s eyes met his before dropping to his lips. Their eyes were still watery, their emotions still out of control.

Both were leaning forward but neither was sure who moved first. The kiss was soft and hesitant, full of pain and regret. But most of all hope. Hope that they would be able to fix the broken messes they had become.

Together.

Harry slid his hands around Draco’s waist, pulling him closer. Draco’s lips were soft. There was a slight metallic taste as Harry ran his tongue over the blond’s lower lip from where Draco had been biting it. Draco made a small noise and pulled back. Harry gave him a confused look. The look quickly turned to hurt as he waited for Draco to bolt out of the room or shove him away.

“You don’t mind that it’s me?” Draco’s voice was soft and timid, much different from his usual sharp tone. Harry shook his head, laughing softly.

“Of course I don’t. I… I hadn’t really thought about this. About us really. Before moving in together I guess. But… I know I don’t mind this. I know I like this. But do you like this?”

Draco didn’t respond with words, instead pressing their lips together again. It only lasted for a moment before Draco pulled back again, burying his face in Harry’s shoulder.

“I take that as a yes.” Harry said with another soft laugh. He rubbed Draco’s back, closing his eyes.

“Shut your mouth Potter.”

“Make me.”

The tension in the room instantly rose. Draco lifted his head for another kiss before-.

A door slammed open somewhere, followed by a yell. “Where are you two?” Draco groaned making Harry laugh once again.

“I’m going to kill that Weasel.”

“Hey. What did we say about that nickname?” Harry teased.

“When he stops getting in the way between me and you, I’ll stop calling him that.”

“Angry Kitten.” Harry placed a gentle kiss on Draco’s jaw, making him shiver. He reluctantly removed himself from Harry, moving to the opposite end of the couch. His prickly exterior went up. But Harry could still see the shining happiness in his eyes.

“We’re in the library!” He yelled to Ron. Draco flinched and lowered his ears. ‘Sorry’ Harry mouthed to him.

Ron and Hermione came through the door. Hermione was holding a small stack of books and looking very proud of herself. Ron was trailing after her, looking very tired.

“Weasley you look like death.”

“I take it you’re still in a pissy mood.”

“Congratulations. You thought right.”

Hermione and Harry looked at each other, grinning in amusement at their childish banter. When Hermione’s gaze lowered to his lips curiously, Harry blushed and looked away, covering his mouth. Hermione gasped and quickly went over to Ron, tugging on his arm. She whispered to him.

“Nooooooo” Harry whined and curled up more into a tiny ball. Draco gave him a concerned look.

“You two kissed, didn’t you?” Ron prodded, smirking. Draco rolled his eyes and leaned back.

“Of course we did. Didn’t you see the article? We’re dating now.”

“I can’t tell if you’re being sarcastic or not.”

Draco smirked at him, reaching over and handing him the newspaper. Harry must have picked it up but now the pages were all crinkled. Ron shook his head. “We already saw the article. I just can’t tell if you’re being serious or not.”

“Oh come on Ron. Look at Harry. That’s a clear indicator. You owe me five galleons.” Hermione gestured to the tiny blushing ball that was Harry Potter.

“Wait you bet on us?”

“Anyways!’ Hermione interrupted, ignoring Draco’s question. “I have exciting news.”

Harry perked up, unraveling slightly from his ball. “Did you figure out the gender?”

Hermione shook her head, laughing. “Harry I think you’re more excited about that than the baby’s actual father.”

Ron made an indignant noise while Draco laughed at him.

“I’m excited to be an uncle. What can I say?”

Hermione shook her head. “No. We still haven’t found out the gender. But we did find out what Draco is.”