Chapter Thirty-Three

It took a while of standing in the near-scalding stream of water for Harry’s head to clear. Not that he had figured out any of this complicated shit. But mainly just organizing his thoughts. As he stepped out of the shower, the thought hit that he probably should check on Draco.

He should’ve checked on him over an hour ago.

Shit.

Drying his hair as quickly as he could, he tried to locate his glasses without breaking them. Once that was a success, he got dressed and headed downstairs. Ron and Hermione were no where to be seen.

Before he got to his and Draco’s bedroom, he went to check on Teddy. Since there were four people to take care of him, the toddler was well looked after. But seeing as he, Ron, and Hermione had been up in the library for over an hour…

Teddy wasn’t in his crib.

He hurried into the bedroom, wanting to make sure that Draco had Teddy.

He was right.

Draco had changed into one of his regular shirts, hiding his dark mark again. The room had been cleaned up. He was curled up around Teddy, both boys completely asleep. He fought the urge to aww at the sight, making his way over to them. Carefully detaching Teddy from Draco, he picked the toddler up. Draco stirred, coiling more into a ball, immediately missing the warmth that the child provided.

The toddler still didn’t wake up, cuddling against Harry. Harry smiled at his godson, pushing through the flap that led to Teddy’s room. Laying the child down in the crib, he brushed the bright blue strands away from his face, tucking the blanket around him.

“Harry-”

He shushed Hermione quickly, glancing at Teddy to see if the toddler had woken up. He sighed in relief when he hadn’t.

“Oh. I was just checking up to see if you had him.” She whispered.

He nodded and gave her a thumbs up, waiting until she left the room before shoving aside the flaps to his and Draco’s bedroom.

Draco jumped at the sudden noise, his tail fluffing up. His sleepy mind took a few seconds to realize that it was Harry in the room. He groaned and rolled over.

“No. Let me sleep.”

Harry chucked and moved to his lover’s side, sitting down next to him. “You can go back to sleep. We aren’t doing anything yet. I was just coming in to check on you.”

“Mm.” Draco grumbled and buried his face in the pillow.

“Are you hungry?” Harry was curious and slightly worried. He hadn’t eaten in nearly two days. Was he okay? Was the potion making him feel sick?

“No.”

Just as the words came out of the neko’s mouth, his stomach gave a loud grumble.

Harry smirked and reached for the snack he had brought in last night. Draco grumbled and complained as he pulled himself into a seated position. Harry tore off a small piece of bread, holding it out for Draco to eat it. The blond made a face.

“Plain bread? Without anything on it?”

“Just eat it kitten.” Harry said, exasperated.

Draco continued grumbling but did what he was told. Harry smiled at him and tore off another piece.

“This is awful. Do you have any idea how humiliating this is for me?”

Harry’s smile slid into a frown as he lowered his hand. “I know it’s awful Dray but we have to do this until you can do it on your own without getting burnt.”

Draco pouted but grabbed Harry’s wrist and lifted it to his mouth so he could bite off the piece of bread. “I don’t see the purpose of it though. I can understand that it makes a neko more submissive to their mate but is that really so necessary?” He complained in between bites.

Harry shook his head. “I don’t mind it. I can see why you would be annoyed by it but it does give me a good view.”

Draco bit his finger.