Chapter Thirty-One

When Harry finished feeding Teddy and talking to Hermione and Ron, he went off to search for Draco. He found him easily, curled up on one of the beanbags and reading the neko book. He looked adorable in Harry’s t-shirt, his tail curled around him. He looked up once Harry had come in, going back to his book when he saw who it was.

Harry went over to him, dragging a beanbag over and sitting down across from him. Draco gave him a confused look, slowly closing the book.

“Are you mad at me?” Harry looked hilarious, practically bent in half in order to sit on the beanbag without sinking into it, his face serious. Draco couldn’t help a tiny snort before he shook his head.

“No. Why do you ask?”

“You left the room.” The bean bag sucked him in like soft quicksand, making him yelp. Draco grinned at his adorable boyfriend and put the book down, grabbing the Gryffindor’s arms and pulling him forward. He accidentally pulled too hard, causing Harry to fall on top of him. Both boys started laughing.

“You come here often?”

“Get off me Potter.” Draco shoved at him, rolling his eyes. Harry smirked and pressed a light kiss to Draco’s jaw.

“Then why did you leave? They wouldn’t stop pestering me you know.”

Draco didn’t seem that bothered by Harry being on top of him. He wasn’t hurting his tail so he found no immediate need to push him off. “I left because I wanted to read.”

“What about why you started creepily laughing? And being so… snappy?”

“You should be the one reading this book.” Draco smirked, kissing his cheek. “Apparently, I get really bitchy towards ‘potential threats’. And I started laughing because… well. The entire time that I’ve know Granger, I didn’t think that out of her and Ron, she would be the one to recommend sex as a way to get me to sweat.”

Harry laughed and let himself flop fully onto Draco. Draco yelped and swatted at him. “Harry you asshole! You’re crushing me!”

He rolled off and onto the floor, leaving Draco to glare at him. After a second, the blond’s face broke into a grin. “Damn you. I can’t stay mad.”

“I’m irresistable.”

“Fuck you Potter.”

“Yes please.”

Draco threw the book at him. It hit him in the side, making him groan. “Owwww.”

“You guys act like such a couple.” Ron entered the room, making both of the boys jump. Draco’s tail puffed up even more, making him look like an angry featherduster.

“Because we are one.” Draco snapped, fetching his book and settling down, curling his tail around himself.

“Boys calm down. We have more pressing matters at hand.” Hermione interrupted, making Draco jump again.

“Where did she come from?”

The golden trio ignored his question.

“We know that Wardell’s attacks created a target around Hogwarts. We also know that he’s keeping Draco alive for something.” Hermione summarized, sitting down on another beanbag. She splayed the map and the newspaper out on the table. Ron sat down across from her as Harry and Draco dragged their beanbags to the table.

“What about what Malfoy said yesterday? Damien Wardell?”

Draco looked at Ron, confused. “Who the hell is Damien Wardell?”

“Well then that is settled.”

“Wait. There is only four of us and we have to take care of Teddy.” Ron and Harry looked at her, confused.

Draco sat back, watching them carefully. He had absolutely no idea what was going on. He knew that if he asked, no one was going to listen to him. Going back to his book, he ignored their conversation.

“What’s your point?” Harry leaned forwards, glancing towards Draco. The blond looked like he was focusing on his book but his ears we pointed towards them.

“Wardell can’t attack Hogwarts on his own and there are plenty of people that want to get revenge on you.” Hermione was in her thinking mode, her eyes distant as she thought things through. “But there are only four of us. Fighting is going to be risky for me because of the baby and someone has to be taking care of Teddy. We are going to need help if we want to stop him.”

“I know Fred and George will want to fight. Mum and Dad will too.” Ron finally added in.

“Neville can help us as well. He’s teaching there now. And he can tell McGonagall what’s going on.”

“I have two people but they will take a bit of convincing.” Draco didn’t look up from his book. “I know they will do pretty much anything to defend me but I’m not sure how keen they will be about working with you guys.”

“Well I don’t think that my family would be too enthusiastic over going to war for you.” Ron snapped, making Draco look up in surprise.

“Excuse me?”

Hermione and Harry gave each other panicked looks.

“The only reason Blaise and Pansy wouldn’t want to do this is because of the threats from the Ministry. We’ve been put under high watch. I’m not even allowed to be doing magic outside of my manor.” He stood up quickly, his tail floofing up in anger. “And there is only one reason why I’m not being locked up in the ministry’s vaults for testing thanks to these.” He gestured towards his ears. “Only because I’m playing as the Golden Trios fucking lapdog.” He slammed the book down, heading towards the door.

All of them looked shocked. That was really something the ministry was doing? After all that effort for change and they weren’t even allowing certain people to use their magic.

“They didn’t have a choice in getting this.” Draco raked a hand through his messed up hair, looking down at his forearm. “Hardly any of us did.”

Before the could say anything, he left the room, looking more tired than angry.