Chapter Twenty-One

Harry slammed the door closed, taking off his soaking jacket. Wiping off his glasses on his shirt and shaking his wet hair like a dog, he called out for Draco. He frowned when there wasn’t a response. Was he still asleep?

Ignoring the feeling of dread, he crept to the room. A quick peek inside revealed that Draco wasn’t in the bedroom. He called out to him again, getting no response. He sighed in exasperation and headed towards the observatory.

The room was empty.

The last room that Draco would be in would be the library. There were other rooms in the house of course but most of those hadn’t been exterminated yet.

“Draco?” Harry called as he stepped into the library. There wasn’t a response other than a sound of muffled shuffling. He sat down on the couch. “Draco I’m not playing around. You worried me.”

Draco appeared next to one of the bookcases, glaring at him. “I was reading. What.”

Harry gave him a stunned look. “I was looking for you.”

“Yeah. So?” Draco crossed his arms, shifting nervously. It felt awful to snap at him. Whatever bond was connecting them prevented him from being too snappy.

“You worried me.”

“You were gone for two hours after ditching me first thing in the morning. I mean, you can have your space. I’m not going to be clinging onto you or anything. Unless whatever this is makes me.” He gestured to his ears before recrossing his ears. “I just… can you tell me this now? Are you actually interested? Like, is this not just a game for you? Some fling until you find someone else? Because, from what you said last night, I don’t really think that but I think some things have just got to my head and I just want to know.”

As he was speaking, Harry had moved closer to him, getting more and more worried as Draco continued.

“So can you tell me that I’m just being paranoid?”

Harry pulled him close and rested his forehead on Draco’s shoulder. “You are being paranoid. It… it took a lot for me to get over Ginny. But-” He could feel Draco tense slightly.

“I don’t mind that Harry. Of course you wouldn’t be over her. And I can understand that. That isn’t what I was worried about.” Draco interrupted, resting his chin on the top of Harry’s head. He hadn’t really noticed how quickly they had become so touchy but he knew that he liked it.

“I’m not just using you as a fling Draco. You know I wouldn’t do that.”

“No. You wouldn’t. You’re the kind of boyfriend that would come up with stupid nicknames.”

“Never forget Valentine’s day?” Harry smirked, teasing.

“Date night every Thursday.”

“Incredibly cuddly.”

“Definitely.” Draco said, laughing. He was very relieved, He had been way too paranoid.

“Okay. Don’t kill me. This isn’t my fault.” Harry squirmed out of Draco’s grip, giving him a slightly guilty look.

“Are you wet?” He didn’t seem to have heard Harry as he wiped the underside of his chin. He blinked and started to glare at Harry. “Wait… what happened? What isn’t your fault.”

“Hermione invited us on a double date.”

“You didn’t.”

Harry grinned and sprinted out of the room. A loud shriek of “You little shit!” followed him.