Chapter 1

(A/N: Can I just say how much I love this gif? That little elbow nudge is great! My boys!)

~2 Months Later~

I sprinted across the tops of apartment buildings, nimbly dodging any citizens, and vaulting over any obstacles that came between the deviant and I. I could only hope that Hank didn't get pushed off of the side of a building again. "Stop!"

The deviant climbed up to the roof of the taller building in front of me. I quickly followed, gaining on him. I tried to grab at his foot, but he pulled it away and tried to kick me in the face, missing me by mere centimeters. He pulled himself onto the roof.

I pulled myself up and saw that the deviant had stopped at the end of the roof, looking down at the street below then at the roof on the other side. He couldn't make the jump.

I pulled out my pistol and pointed it at him. "Turn around, and put your hands behind your head!"

The deviant froze and slowly put his hands on his head. He took small, slow steps to turn around and face me. He was a TW400, wearing a dark green hoodie and dark jeans. He looked around as if trying to find an escape.

"You have nowhere to go! Come quietly and you will not be harmed!"

Hank came onto the roof from the stairwell door with his pistol drawn as well. He was out of breath, but he was able to get his sentence out clearly. "You are under arrest for your numerous acts of theft!"

The deviant froze, allowing me to close the distance between us. I put my pistol away and grabbed the deviant's arms and put them behind his back to restrain him. I looked at Hank. "Ready, Lieutenant."

Hank put away his pistol and opened the stairwell door to lead the way. "We have a cruiser waiting on the street for us."

We made it down the stairs and to the police cruiser without any issues. The driver cuffed the deviant and stuffed him into the backseat. He got into the driver's seat and began to head towards the station. I watched the car as it went down the street.

"Connor."

I looked over at Hank.

"Ready to go?"

"Yes. I'm coming."

Hank turned to walk towards his car. I quickly walked up beside him. He glanced at me. "Another job well done."

"We really do make a good team."

He chuckled. "Who would've thought that would be the case?"

I smiled at him. "Certainly neither of us. You used to hate me."

"Yeah, when you were still just a machine."

"Well, I'm still technically a machine."

"You know what I mean, Connor."

"You mean before I became deviant."

"Let's not call you a deviant. You're a person, now."

I smiled to myself. "Thanks, Hank."

He rolled his eyes. "Don't get all soft on me."

"Sorry, Lieutenant."

We got into Hank's car, Hank in the driver's seat, me in the passenger's. I looked at Hank as he turned the car on. "Should we go get drinks tonight? To celebrate?"

"Why do you always ask that? You can't drink anything."

"So? The answer is always yes anyway."

He groaned. "You know me too well, Connor."

~Time skip to the bar~

The dimly lit bar was nearly empty, aside from a few patrons sitting in the leather booths. Hank and I were the only ones actually sitting at the bar. I sat with my hands folded in my lap, while Hank hunched over his whiskey. "I wonder what is going to happen to CyberLife. People will no longer to be able to purchase androids."

Hank didn't look up. "No idea. Someone's still gotta make androids. Maybe they'll just go about it in a different way."

"I guess we'll see what happens after most of this passes."

"I think that's gonna be a long time from now, Connor." He looked at the bartender. "Another whiskey." He glanced at me. "You guys changed the course of history."

Suddenly I had a call come in. I blinked to answer it.

Hank looked over at me. "What is it?"

"We have another case."

"Already? Are you fucking kidding me?"

"No. It seems a man was murdered by his deviant roommate in their apartment."

He sighed. "Ah fuck. So much for this celebration."

I looked back at him. "It's been a while since we've had a homicide case."

"I would've liked to have a little break after chasing the last one around, but I guess not."

"Sorry, Hank."

"It's not your fault. We'll start tomorrow morning."

I turned to him and crossed my arms. "What time, Lieutenant?"

He glared at me. "When I wake up, you cheeky bastard."

I chuckled. "Right, of course."