Chapter 10

Hank's POV (Let's switch it up a bit shall we?)

Connor drove us to (y/n)'s house. I told him that I was fine to drive, but he insisted. Connor pulled the car in front of a row of small townhouses and opened the door to get out. "I'll be right back, Lieutenant."

I turned the music down for (y/n) and watched as Connor knocked on her front door. After she opened, they seemed to be discussing something. (y/n) looked uneasy, but smiled at Connor anyway. They turned to walk to the car. I smiled as I saw Connor gently touch her upper back as if to guide her or ease her nerves.

Connor opened the back door for her and she sat behind my seat. "Good to see you again, (y/n)."

She forced a smile as Connor closed the door and came around to the driver's seat. "Yeah. Good to see you too, Hank."

I turned to look at her. "You alright?"

She nodded. "Just a bit nervous. That's all."

"If you don't want to come, you don't have to."

"No. I want to help. It's just going to be weird facing Rhys this way."

I nodded and turned back to face the road. "I can see why."

Connor drove down the road quietly. I glanced over at him. He seemed anxious. "Connor? What's wrong?"

He glanced at me through the corner of his eye then back at the road. "Nothing, Lieutenant."

I knew there was something wrong, but I decided to let it go. I could just ask later.

~Time Skip~

We arrived at the abandoned house. It was surrounded by a tall chain link fence. It looked very familiar.

Connor recognized it right away and sighed. "What is it with androids hiding out here?"

I chuckled. "I don't know."

Connor and I got out of the car. (y/n) was hesitating. Connor looked at me, and I shrugged. He went around to her door and opened it. "Are you coming, (y/n)?"

She nodded. "Yeah." She got out of the car and followed Connor closely. We went into the parking lot next to the house and noticed the broken piece of fence from the last time.

Connor went in first, being careful not to cut himself. He held up the piece and helped (y/n) through. Offering her his hand to help her stand up. He helped me crawl through and closed the fence behind me. We walked up next to the house.

Connor stopped, taking the safety off of his gun. I did the same. Connor looked at (y/n). "Stay here. I can't risk you getting hurt."

She waved him off. "I'll be fine." She tried to walk past him.

He stopped her by putting his hand on her chest, just below her shoulder. "Stay. Here."

She looked at his hand and stepped back. "Fine."

"Thank you."

Connor and I continued around the corner and walked up to the door. Connor slowly opened the door and stepped inside. A familiar android came from a door at the opposite end of the room.

He looked startled. "Ralph knows you. You're the ones who came for Kara and the little girl. Have you come back for Ralph?!" He narrowed his eyes at us.

Connor used his calming voice. "No. We've come here looking for a deviant. A PJ500 named Rhys. Have you seen him?"

"No. Ralph has not seen him."