Chapter 23

I woke up the next morning to the sound of Hank's phone ringing. (y/n) moved off of my chest in annoyance and held a pillow over her head, trying to block out the sound. I noticed Hank was still unconscious, so I reached for his phone and answered it. "Hello?"

"Hello, isn't this Hank Anderson's phone?" I recognized the voice.

I sat up. "Hello Detective Shaw. This is Connor. Lieutenant Anderson is currently asleep."

"Oh. Hi Connor. I just remembered that there is an androids' activist group just outside of town. I figured I would let you guys know. Maybe they know something about your guy."

"We'll go take a look. Thank you. Where is this group located?"

The detective gave me the location of the factory and hang up. I put hank's phone back on the nightstand and set my feet on the floor to stand up. I felt (y/n) touch my hand that was still lingering on the bed. "Where are you going?" she asked sleepily.

I glanced back at her to see her peeking her face out from under the pillow. "I'm going to see if they have any painkillers downstairs."

"Why?"

"I'm not sure how Hank will be feeling when he wakes up, so I thought that I should be prepared if he is hungover."

She nodded and closed her eyes again. I leaned down and kissed her forehead before getting up and walking down to the front desk. I walked up to the man behind the desk. "Excuse me, do have any painkillers that I could purchase?"

"Of course." He went through a door behind the desk and came back out with a small bottle of Ibuprofen. "That'll be $15."

I nodded and handed the man the money. "Thank you." I took the bottle and went back up the stairs. I checked the time as I set the bottle of Ibuprofen on the nightstand, it was 11:32 AM. I went into the bathroom to grab a cup from next to the coffee maker. Why do hotels put the coffee maker in the bathroom? That seems unsanitary... I thought to myself as I filled the cup with water. I went back out to the main room and set the water on the nightstand.

I lie back down on the bed. (y/n) cuddled up next to me. I rolled onto my side and wrapped my arms around her and soothingly caressed the small of her back. She hummed happily and snuggled her face against my chest. Her breathing slowly became deep and rhythmic as she fell back asleep.

After a short while, I heard Hank stir. I turned my head to try to look at him, but I couldn't turn my head far enough, so I tried to shift my body gently. Unfortunately, I woke (y/n) up, and she moved to put her head back on her pillow. I sat up and looked at Hank as he woke up with a groan. "Fuck. My head..."

"Are you alright, Lieutenant?"

He glared at me. "Do I look alright?"

I averted my gaze to the Ibuprofen bottle. I grabbed the bottle and put two capsules into the cap. I stood up and grabbed the water while I waited for Hank to sit up. After he did, I handed him the Ibuprofen and the water. He took them. "Thanks."

I watched as he popped the painkillers in his mouth and took a drink of water. "I apologize for last night. I didn't meant to be unpleasant."

Hank shook his head. "No. I'm sorry. I was just frustrated with the case."

"I was, too."

I heard (y/n) groan. "Just kiss, make up, and shut up, please."

I turned to look at her. "But (y/n), I only want to kiss you."

Hank cackled as (y/n)'s face turned red and she shoved it in her pillow. "Shut uuuuuup!" Her voice was muffled from the pillow over her face.

I looked back at Hank who was trying to hold back his laughs. I smiled slightly at his amusement. "Detective Shaw called your phone earlier this morning."