Meeting the Parents (Part 1)

(y/n)'s POV

I awoke to the sound of my phone alarm going off. I groaned and rolled out of Connor's arms to shut it off. I turned back over to wake Connor, but his eyes were already open. "Good morning, (y/n)."

I smiled at him. "Morning."

Connor sat up. "We should get ready to go."

After Connor moved in with me, my parents asked if he was going to be visiting any family for the holidays and asked me to bring him with me. We decided that we would celebrate with Hank when we got back from the trip.

I nodded, giving Connor a kiss on the cheek before getting out of bed. "I'm going to hop in the shower."

"I can go put our bags in the car."

"Okay. Don't take my carry on, though. I still need to pack a few things."

He gave me a nod before picking up our suitcases.

I took my shower, got dressed, and threw my hair into a messy bun. (Or not if you have short hair like me. :P) I grabbed my makeup bag, hairbrush, toothbrush, and deodorant and threw them in my carry-on bag. I grabbed the bag and went downstairs to see Connor, wearing a simple burgundy sweater that hugged his torso and a pair of dark blue jeans, holding Pippin like a baby. "You two are too cute for words."

Connor smiled at me and set Pippin back on the ground. "Are you ready to go?"

"Yeah." I walked over to pet Pippin. "You be good for Mrs. Olsen, okay?" I gave him a small kiss on the top of his head. 

After grabbing my coat, Connor and I went out to my car. He closed the trunk after I set my bag in it. "Would you like me to drive?"

I thought for a moment. "If you want to."

He smiled excitedly and went around to open the passenger's seat door for me. I giggled and thanked him before he went around to the driver's seat.

We drove to the airport and boarded our plane to our layover in Las Vegas. I let Connor have the window seat while I sat in the middle because I still didn't really trust people to be nice to him. I held his hand and rested my head on his shoulder as we watched the plane take off. He almost never took his eyes away from the window for the entire 4 and a half hours.

We got to Las Vegas and had to wait 2 hours for our next flight. Connor kept looking out windows as we walked through the airport, hand in hand. "I don't see what's so impressive about Las Vegas."

I shrugged. "Well, for one, we're only in the airport, so you can't see much. And two, it's daytime, so none of the city lights are on."

"Would it be more impressive at night?"

"I guess. It's definitely prettier at night. There isn't really much to do except drink and gamble, though. Not my kind of place."

He nodded. "I understand."

When we got to our gate, we set out luggage next to a pair of seats. "I'm gonna go grab a coffee."

"Would you like me to come with you?"

I waved him off. "No, we need someone watching our stuff."

He looked at our carry-on bags. "Oh. Right. I'll do that. Be careful."

"I will. Thanks, babe." I kissed him on the cheek and went to get my coffee. I was a little bit worried to leave Connor alone in the airport of a city that was not as accustomed to androids walking around, but I figured he could look after himself for a few minutes. He wasn't a child, after all.

I thanked the man who made my coffee and walked back over to where I had left Connor. Unfortunately, my fears had been realized and I saw a man shove him. The man was saying something to him, but I couldn't hear due to being too far away. I jogged over, now hearing the man spouting out things like, "We don't want your kind here," and, "Go back to CyberLife, plastic shit."

I set my coffee on a chair and ran up to step in between the two. "That's enough."

The man pointed at Connor. "This with you?"

"He is. I suggest you leave us alone."

"Oh? And what are you going to do about it?"

I glanced at Connor, who was trying to keep his emotions at bay. "I don't think you want the answer to that." I gestured for the man to leave and kept my voice calm. "So if you'll please? Go away, and there won't be any trouble. I'm sure we all would just want to have a peaceful flight." I took Connor's hand in mine and gave it a gentle squeeze. "I assure you he won't be a problem."

The man huffed and walked away, mumbling, "Freaks," under his breath.

I turned to face Connor and put a hand on his cheek. "You alright, Connor?"

He nodded. "I'm okay. Thank you."

I wrapped my arms around his torso. "Next time, I'm taking both you and our stuff with me."

He chuckled slightly as he returned my hug.

I grabbed my coffee as we sat back down to wait for our plane to arrive.

When our plane did arrive, we boarded. Again, I gave Connor the window seat. I pulled my wireless earbuds out of my pocket and put one in the ear opposite of Connor. He glanced at my phone as I turned on my music. "What are you listening to?"

"(Favorite music group/singer). Wanna listen?" I offered him the other earbud.

He simply nodded and took the other earbud, putting it in his ear. I pressed play and watched Connor's face as he listened. He glanced at me and smiled. "I like it. The vocals sound nice."

I smiled back at him. "Well buckle up, there's more where that came from."

Connor took my hand and intertwined his fingers with mine. He kissed the side of my head and went back to looking out the airplane window.