Chapter 12

(y/n)'s POV

We stopped at Hank's house first. We all got out of the car and went to the front door.

Hank unlocked the front door and opened it. The house was a mess, but I wasn't going to say anything. Connor stepped in behind Hank and a giant Saint Bernard, I assumed it was Sumo, trotted up to him and sat down in front of him. Connor just looked at him and tilted his head. Sumo did the same.

Connor slowly kneeled down and pat Sumo's head. "Hello, Sumo. My name is Connor."

Sumo looked confused and whined slightly as he turned and walked away to lay on a big cushion on the floor. Connor stood back up and watched the large dog get comfortable. Hank sighed at the sight. "Anything, Connor?"

"Nothing."

Hank glanced at me. "What now?"

I shrugged. "We could try my house."

Hank nodded and walked passed me. "Come on, Connor."

Connor turned and followed Hank. I followed them as well, closing the front door behind me. We got back into the car and drove to my house.

When we arrived I stepped out of the car. Hank and Connor didn't. "You guys coming or what?"

Hank looked at Connor. "Go ahead. Follow her."

"What about you, Lieutenant?"

"I think it'll be better for it to just be you two."

Connor nodded and stepped out of the car. He made his way over to me. I was slightly uncomfortable. He looked and sounded like Connor, but his behaviour was so different. We walked up to my house and went inside.

Pippin came bounding over to us and jumped on Connor's legs. Connor looked confused as the little dog begged for his attention. Recreate the memories... I thought. "What are you waiting for? He wants some pets."

Connor glanced at me, then he kneeled down and began to pet Pippin. I kneeled next to him and hesitantly put my hand on his upper back. "His name is Pippin. Hold your hand out, palm up."

He did as he was told. I looked at Pippin. "Shake." Pippin put his little paw in Connor's hand. Connor looked at the little dog then back at me. We were only inches apart. I looked into his chocolate brown eyes, I didn't see any emotion behind them. "Anything at all?"

He shook his head. "No." He stood up. I slowly stood after him. He looked at me. "Lieutenant Anderson mentioned that my predecessor had romantic feelings towards you." I widened my eyes at his statement and felt my cheeks heat up. Connor continued. "I'm not sure how that is possible, since machines don't have feelings, but maybe it can help with trying to retrieve my memories."

I thought for a moment. "Can I try something?"

"Of course."

I put my hand on his shoulder and hesitantly kissed him on the cheek. I felt a bit guilty, even though he was still technically Connor. I pulled away as my eyes fluttered open. Nothing. I let go of his shoulder, feeling hurt. "Nothing? Really?" I said, frustrated.

He frowned, thinking he did something wrong. "I'm sorry."

I shook my head and looked at the floor. "No, it's fine. Just... unfortunate. It's not your fault."

Connor looked at me. "This doesn't seem to be working. Maybe I really was reset."

I nodded. "Yeah. Maybe. Come on." I turned to the door and opened it. "Let's go talk to Hank."

We went back to the car. Hank looked up at me through the rearview mirror. "Judging by that face, I assume it didn't go well."

I shook my head. "You assume correctly." There was silence for a moment. "So what now?"

Hank sighed. "I guess we should just give it another day, and if nothing happens by tomorrow, then we'll go back to CyberLife."

"I don't mean to be unpleasant." Connor said.

Hank put the car into drive. "Don't worry about it. It's not your fault that you aren't yourself right now."

~Time Skip~

The next morning, I got a call from Hank. "Hey, Hank. How's Connor?"

"Not great. He still doesn't remember anything, and he's still acting like a fucking robot. He keeps asking me about deviants. I'm thinking that we need to take him back to CyberLife and get this shit sorted out."

"Might be a good idea. Do you want to go today?"

He answered without hesitation, sounding slightly annoyed. "Yes. We'll pick you up."

I was taken aback by his eagerness. "Okay then. See you in a few."

Hank hung up and I went to get dressed.

About 20 minutes later, I heard my doorbell ring. I ran down the stairs and opened it to see Connor standing there. I gave him a small smile, trying not to give away the fact that I felt slightly guilty. It felt like we were sacrificing one Connor's life in order to get the other one back. I knew this Connor didn't care, but it still felt wrong.

"Are you ready to go, Ms. (l/n)?"

I nodded and walked with him to the car. I got into the back seat, Connor got in the passenger seat, and Hank began driving to CyberLife. Connor didn't seem the slightest bit nervous about what was ahead.

We soon got to CyberLifea nd Hank stormed into the building with Connor and I trailing behind him. We walked in to see him already yelling a guard. "I want to speak with him right fucking now! I'm not taking no for an answer!"

"I'm sorry sir, but Mr. Torres is busy. He is not seeing anyone right now."

Hank got up in the guards face to try to intimidate him. "Listen here, you will call him down here to give us a fucking explanation or I will shove that gun so far up your ass that you won't-"

Hank was interrupted by a man who had just come into the room. "Lieutenant, please. No need to get violet with our poor guards." It was Mr. Torres. He directed his attention to the guard. "You may go take a break. I've got this one."

The guard gave him a nod and left the room. Mr. Torres looked back at us. "So, what do you need so soon after we've already fixed up your android friend?"

"You didn't fix him." I grabbed Hank's arm to restrain him. He glared at me, but he knew it was a good thing I did it.

"He's standing there, powered on, isn't he?" He gestured to Connor standing behind us.

"That isn't enough. You took away his personality!" I said angrily.

He shrugged. "I didn't remove anything."

I gritted my teeth. Hank pulled his arm away from me. "Who's in charge here? I want to speak with them."

(A/N: Guys... I was listening to Connor's soundtrack when writing this, and can I just say that it sounds sooooooo damn good?! Especially in quality headphones! Eargasms for days! I love it! Also, thank you for all of the reads, I hope you guys are enjoying the story so far!

~Sama ;P)