Meeting the Parents (Final Part)

(A/N: Listen, I know I already used this gif earlier, but shut up. I love it! It warms my heart and soul and gives me life!)

(y/n)'s POV

I was talking to Kati and my mom when Connor and my dad finally came back. I turned to them and walked over to Connor. I was happy to see that he looked like he was still in a good mood, and it seemed my dad was in a good mood, too. I crossed my arms and smiled at them. "So I guess it went well?"

Connor nodded. "Yes. It went very well."

"Yes it did," my dad said, hanging up his coat.

"So where did you two go?"

"We went to a-" Connor began but my dad cut him off.

"Don't. That stays between us."

Connor gave him an understanding nod. "Of course. Sorry, (y/n)."

I smirked. "What? Did you take him to a strip club or something?"

My dad chuckled. "No, but it's a special place that's going to stay between us. And maybe your mother."

I pouted. "Why does she get to know?"

He crossed his arms. "Because she's already been there."

"Dinner should be ready soon," we hear my mom call from the kitchen.

"Thanks, Mom!" I call back. "I'm just gonna steal Connor away for a minute if you don't mind." I took Connor's hand and started heading to my room again.

"Don't tell her, Connor," my dad said.

"Can I tell her about what we discussed."

"I would prefer if you didn't."

Connor and I went to my room. "Okay, what did you talk about?"

"Your father just said that he wishes for me to keep it between me and him. I'm sorry."

"Come oooooooooon. Please?"

He shook his head. "I will only say that he is supportive of our relationship."

I huffed. "You really won't tell me anything else?"

"No. Would you care to share anything about your conversation with your parents?"

I crossed my arms across my chest. "Well, you won't tell me about your conversation with my dad, so I don't think you deserve it."

He widened his big brown eyes to mimic those of a puppy. "Please, (y/n)?"

It always took my breath away when he did that. "First of all, how dare you? Second of all, fine..."

He smiled. "Thank you. I know that it was about your parents' opinions on me."

"How do you know that?"

"Your father told me."

I sighed and sat on the bed. Connor sat down next to me. "So... Kati happened to hear my parents talking about you, and it... wasn't exactly good. I figured it was time to finally talk about our relationship to them in more detail. I asked what their problem was with you, basically, they said that you being an android brings on a few challenges."

He tilted his head. "Like what?"

"Well, a lot of people won't accept us being together, which I honestly don't care about in the slightest. Our relationship isn't their business."

"What else?"

"I'll grow old, while you stay looking young forever."

He shook his head. "I don't mind that. My biocomponents will eventually grow to be outdated if that makes you feel better."

I giggled. "We don't need to think that far ahead just yet, Connor."

"Any other points?"

"We can't have kids. That one really seems to upset my mom."

He frowned. "Do you want children someday?"

I shook my head. "I don't know yet, Connor. I'm definitely not ready for them anyway. Besides, even if we can't physically have kids, we could always adopt if we really wanted to. But again, we'll figure that out when or if that time comes."

He gave me an understanding nod. "Right. Anything else?"

"I told them that none of that bothered me. I know that we can get through these challenges together. You're the one that I've fallen in love with and the only one that I've been able to see a future with. And... well, I think you already know their change of heart, based on how your conversation with my dad went."

He smiled. "I'm glad you were able to change their minds. I had so many worries while you were gone."

"Worries? What worries?"

He looked away and frowned. "I thought that maybe they would try to convince you that I wasn't a good choice for you. That a human can't be with an android. After all we've been through together, I don't know what I would do without you."

I Wrapped my arms around his torso. "I would never let that happen. I'm convinced that you an I are meant to be together. No matter what happens. I love you more than anything, Connor."

He hugged me back. "And I love you more than anything, (y/n)."

I gave him a gentle kiss. When I tried to pull away, he held me close to his chest and kissed me again, deeper this time. After a moment, he pulled away, allowing me to breathe, and rest his forehead on mine. "I'm sorry. I wanted to kiss you for a little while longer."

I giggled. "No need to apologize. I always enjoy your kisses."

"Shall I kiss you again, then?"

I shrugged, draping my arms over his shoulders. "I wouldn't mind."

He gave me a small smile before pulling me in for another kiss. I ran my hand through his silky brown synthetic hair. Connor's hands trailed to my hips. My instincts tried to kick in, wanting him to go further, but considering we were in my parents home and Connor probably didn't even realize what he was doing, I pulled away from the kiss to gain control of myself. Connor tilted his head. "Did I do something wrong?"

I shook my head, feeling the heat rush to my face. "No, not at all. You did everything right. I just needed to compose myself."

I tried to pull away, but Connor's grip around me didn't loosen at all. "Why are you blushing?"

My face grew even more warm, "No reason."

He narrowed his eyes. "Why are you lying?"

"You know what, if you ask later, I'll tell you." Of course, I knew that he would remember to ask again, but it got me out of the conversation for now.

He let me go. "Okay. I will."

~Time Skip~

Connor's POV

The week, along with our holiday festivities with (y/n)'s family, came to an end, and (y/n) and I were on the plane to go home. She leaned her head on my shoulder and I wrapped my arm around her as we listened to her music. After a short while, she dozed off. I smiled at her peaceful face and caressed her hair.

I felt so lucky to have her. She made me happier than I had ever thought possible for an android, and it was even better knowing that her family accepted me. I wanted to stay with her forever, and I hoped that she wanted the same.

A few hours later, we arrived back in Detroit and headed over to Hank's house to spend the evening with him and Sumo.