Chapter 9

(y/n)'s POV

I slowly opened my eyes and looked around my room. How did I get in here? Where's Pippin? I thought. I rolled out of bed and adjusted my tank top. When I opened the door, I was smothered in the smell of bacon. I walked down the stairs and into the kitchen. I saw Connor, back in his regular clothes, cooking eggs in a skillet. I sat at the island counter. "Morning, Connor."

He glanced back at me and smiled. "Good morning, (y/n). I hope bacon and eggs are okay."

"Why are you making breakfast?"

"I thought you would be hungry when you woke up."

I pushed my hair behind my ear. "To be honest, I thought you would've left last night."

He turned around and started putting the eggs on a plate. "I didn't think it would be right for me to leave without letting you know. Should I have?"

I shook my head. "No, it's fine. I'm happy to see you first thing in the morning anyway."

He glanced up at me, then back down, seeming embarrassed. He put two strips of bacon on the plate and set it in front of me with a fork.

I smiled at him. "Thank you, Connor. I don't think a guy has ever made breakfast for me before."

He leaned over the counter and watched me take my first bite. I set my fork down. "Oh my god. Connor, this is amazing."

He smiled. "I'm glad you enjoy it."

I took a bite of my bacon, and Pippin trotted up to the base of my stool. I looked down at him. "Nuh-uh. You betrayed me. You're not getting any of my food today."

Connor chuckled. "Sorry about that. He just looked so comfy in my lap."

I glared at him playfully. "Don't rub it in."

He smiled and went to wash the dishes he had already dirtied.

"Hey, hey! I'll get that later!"

He looked at me again. "Are you sure?"

"Yes. Now come sit."

He shut off the water and came around to sit next to me. He propped himself up with his chin in his palm, looking at me.

After I finished, I threw Pippin the last bit of bacon I had left for him. Connor glanced at him. "I thought you said he wouldn't get anything."

I sighed. "Yeah, but I love the brat too much to leave him with nothing, even if he did betray me." I got up and rinsed my plate before setting it in the sink. "Well, that was delicious. Thank you, that was very sweet of you."

He smiled. "You're welcome." He stood up. "I'm sorry, but I should probably get home before Hank wakes up."

"No, that's fine. Don't want him getting mad again, do we?" I shrugged with my hands behind my back. "I'll walk you to the door."

He gave me a nod. "Thank you."

We walked to the front door. Connor stepped outside and began to walk away. "Connor, wait," I called to him.

He turned around. "What's wrong?"

"I just forgot something." I trotted up to him, put my hand on his shoulder and kissed him on the cheek. I felt my face heat up a little bit. "Thank you for everything."

He seemed stunned. "Y-You're welcome."

I tore my gaze away from his chocolate brown eyes and smiled to myself. I suddenly felt his lips on the cheek I had turned towards him. My eyes widened and my face felt like it was on fire. When he pulled away I looked at him, and he just smiled. "Have a nice day, (y/n)."