Chapter 27

(A/N: Guys! I image searched this gif to try to find a wider version of it, and it gave me the word "Gentlemen" in the search bar. Ain't that the truth Google! Also, his face in this makes me WEAK! <3)

(y/n) stepped inside and gave Pippin a few pats on the head before walking passed him. I knelt down and picked him up. He licked my jaw a couple times as I followed (y/n) to the living room. She looked at us and smiled slightly. "Look at my boys getting along." She plopped on the couch and sat cross-legged.

I set Pippin in her lap and sat next to her. "Would you like anything to eat or drink? I could make you something."

"I was thinking of ordering pizza, actually. I would rather you just sit with me for awhile."

"Alright." I tilted my head. " What kind of pizza would you like?"

"Just a medium (favorite pizza)."

I called the pizza place and ordered while (y/n) was looking through her list of movies. She glanced at me and giggled. I furrowed my eyebrows, confused. "What is it?"

"You have dog hair on your shirt."

I looked down at my shirt. "Oh. It seems you're right."

She tried to brush some of it off with her hand. "Sorry. It's almost spring, so Pippin is starting to shed a lot. Well.. more than usual."

I studied her face. It felt nice to see her smile after such a difficult day. She met my gaze as her hand lingered on my chest. I leaned in to kiss her. When I pulled away, she was blushing a deep shade of red. She quickly removed her hand and looked away. "Um... W-What do you want to watch?"

I was confused by how flustered she was, but I didn't think it would be the best idea to ask her why. "Anything is fine with me."

She laughed nervously. "I... don't know why I asked. You never mind."

I tilted my head and went against my initial decision. "Are you alright, (y/n)?"

She nodded not seeming to want to look at me.

I frowned and put my fingers on her jaw, turning her head towards me. "(y/n)..."

"It's nothing, okay?"

"You always say that. I know that it isn't nothing. You can talk to me, (y/n)."

She sighed. "You just made me a bit nervous. That's all."

"I made you nervous? How?"

"I don't think you'd understand..." I felt her face grow warmer. "Besides, it's not a big deal."

I looked more intently into her eyes. "Are you sure?"

She nodded quickly.

"Your heart rate has increased. Am I making you nervous now?"

She nodded quickly again as she blushed.

I removed my hand from her face. "I apologize."

"I-it's not a bad thing, it's just... I don't know..."

"If you don't know, I definitely don't know."

She giggled. "Let's just... pick something. Okay?"

We eventually settled on a movie, and (y/n) continued to sit up and cuddle Pippin. I heard the doorbell ring, so I got up to answer it. I took the pizza box from the delivery drone, and it flew off as I closed the door. "(y/n), your pizza is here." I went into the kitchen and set the pizza on the island counter. I grabbed a plate from one of the cabinets and set it next to the box as (y/n) walked in.