1

this is a sequel to 'keep me in mind'

it starts right when luke comes back from perth, four years later.

this book will move kind of fast in the beginning just because i don't want to dwell on the build up of them reuniting. i want them to come back together and then the story unfolds from there.

thank you all for reading!

-

luke hated all the noise around him.

he hates the sound of planes taking off. he hated the sound of people crying as their loved ones left. he even started to hate the sound of people cheering as they were reunited with someone they missed.

that was until he was the one yelling, running into the arms he's waited four years to feel around him.

"mama c..."

luke let his tears soak into her shirt as she held him tight.

"i missed you so much, sweetheart." she whispered.

"i missed you too."

they pulled back after a couple minutes, and she wiped luke's tears away.

"i thought you were gonna come back when you turned 18. you made me wait a whole extra two years." she said, and luke smiled.

"i know. i'm sorry." luke told her, and dried up his remaining tears.

"it's okay." she said, and picked up one of his bags.

luke looked over at her as they started walking.

"how's michael?" he asked softly.

"he's doing good. he has his own place now. he's got a full time job. i'm really proud of him." she said, and luke smiled.

"i can't wait to surprise him." luke said, and she smiled.

"he's coming over tonight for dinner. i didn't tell him why, don't worry."

luke smiled and held onto her arm as they walked.

"i just can't wait to see him."