10

michael looked over at the two boys as they continued to watch the movie.

luke was asleep with carson in his arms. the little boy was still watching the tv, but looked like he wanted to sleep any second.

"hey carson?" michael whispered, and the little boy looked up.

"yes?" he asked.

"do you like luke?" michael asked quietly.

"yeah." he said, snuggling further into the blond boy.

"you know he's my best friend, right?" michael asked.

"yeah but you have a crush on him!" carson giggled.

"i do have a crush on him..." michael laughed quietly. "...how would you feel if luke started being around more?"

"do you think he would play with me?"

"of course." michael said, and carson smiled.

"luke can stay."

"but, what if he holds my hand sometimes, or we hug sometimes like crushes do?" he asked, and carson looked up.

"you have two hands. one for me to hold. one for luke. duh." he said, and michael smiled, leaning down and kissing them both on the forehead.

-

a couple hours passed, and michael couldn't sleep. he was just looking down at his two favorite boys sleeping peacefully.

"michael?" he heard a very soft whisper.

he looked at luke who barely had his eyes open.

"hey, what are you doing up?" michael whispered.

"i don't know. i just wanted to say thank you for sharing this with me, but i shouldn't have rushed you. this is so important, and-"

"luke, you didn't rush me. you pointed out that i wasn't treating you like i should. i trust you completely with carson. i was just scared he wouldn't want me to be with somebody, you know?" michael said, and luke nodded.

luke looked down at carson in his arms and smiled a little bit.

"you love him." michael whispered, and luke looked up.

"he's a part of you. how could i not?" luke said, making michael smile back at him.

"hey, listen. i already told carson that we're kinda together. that we hold hands, and hug, and all that. i explained it in four year old terms. but i do wanna take it slow, you know? let him get used to it." michael said, and luke nodded.

"of course."

"hey, i love you," michael said quietly.

"i love you too, michael."

"no, like- i love you, luke."

"i know. i love you just the same."