11

"no. not those pants."

luke raised his eyebrows, and put the pants back in the drawer, pulling out another pair.

"no. not with the shirt i picked."

"okay, what about these?" he asked, holding up another pair.

"yeah. i like those-"

"but i never wear blue jeans-"

"it's time to try."

luke pouted, and sat on the bed next to his new fashion consultant, carson clifford.

"what if michael doesn't like them?" luke whined, and carson laughed.

"he will."

"alright, kid." luke said, and stood up, picking up the outfit carson picked out for him for dinner at karen's house.

he walked to the bathroom, and quickly changed, looking in the full length mirror. he had on a black tshirt. the sleeves were kind of short, and the chest was tighter, making luke appear really built. he had on a pair of dark blue jeans with holes in the knees, and he was kind of scared to wear them. the outfit was finished with just a pair of black vans.

luke liked what carson picked out for him, but he was still feeling a little insecure.

"carson?" luke asked softly, peeking out of the door.

the little boy looked over and smiled.

"perfect!" he said, and luke frowned a little.

"are you sure i look okay?" he asked.

"of course. now come here." he said, and stood up on the bed, almost reaching luke's height.

he put his hands on luke's shoulders, and smiled. "my dad always tells me to never let grandma forget how beautiful she is, but i think he meant never let grandma and luke forget how beautiful they are."

luke smiled, and hugged the little boy in his arms. he couldn't believe he was only four- 'almost five' as carson would always say as if they weren't the same thing, just like luke did.

"thank you, carson." luke whispered.

"you're welcome, luke."

they walked out of the bedroom that used to be michaels, but is now technically luke's. they went down the stairs and saw michael and calum with mama c in the kitchen.

"everybody, the new luke! he lets me pick out his outfits now." carson announced, pulling luke in the kitchen too.

luke blushed a little, but everyone smiled.

"he was scared dad would think he's ugly-"

"carson!" luke whined, and michael walked over, wrapping an arm around luke.

"you look absolutely beautiful..." michael whispered, and luke smiled, snuggling into his side. once everyone's attention turned to something else, michael got close to luke's ear. "...and your legs look so sexy in those pants."

-

"no! he's just my babysitter! he's not my friend today!" carson said, obviously joking by the smile on his face.

"what did i do to you?!" calum asked, the banter between him and the four year old being the dinner table entertainment.

"i didn't wanna wear this shirt tonight. i asked, 'calum, can you please wash my dark red shirt' and you said 'why of course', but guess who's not wearing their dark red shirt tonight?! me!"

"kid, i don't get paid to wash your clothes!" calum laughed.

"yeah, but you told me you would this one time, so i planned the rest of my outfit around that shirt, and we were almost late because i had to find a whole new one at the last minute!" carson said, making everyone laugh.

"he got you there, cal." michael said, and luke leaned on michael's shoulder, still laughing.

"i was busy, okay? i forgot." calum laughed, and carson raised his eyebrows.

"doing what?"

calum blushed, and they all waited for carson to open his mouth and spill some secret.

"he was talking to ashton all day!"

calum covered his face with his hands, and another round of laughter was heard through the room. it was no secret that calum and ashton liked each other, not even to carson.

"well, i think you look great, carson."

"of course i do. i am the fashion police."